Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always see posts from people who can't ever find a Marlin - - Went on a short road trip out to Asheboro to meet a friend (about an hour drive) and saw this shop on the side of the road in Ramseur, NC- stopped in and went WOW! Racks and racks of rifles but one side wall caught my particular attention - - - -

If I had my savings account book - - and I could hide these from my wife - I would have more Stainless Rifles than KINGSTRIDER ! ! !

Left to right - ALL are TRUE MARLINS - all in perfect or New condition

336SS .30-30 with Simmons Scope - used but as new and possibly never fired. 94 serial number = 2006 Made
3 NEW - all 93xxxx serial number = 2007 made
XLR - .45-70
XLR - .450
XLR - .308 Express
1895GS .45-70 2004 Made - - New or Like New

All 5 of these Stainless Beauties were perfect in ever way.

IS THAT ALL?

How about you folks that complain you can't find X Models?

You want a 308, .30-06 ? ? ? They are all lined up here - $329 a piece . . . . .

In the middle of the floor were back to back racks in 4 rows. Each row had around 50 rifles. About a dozen older Marlins, Winchesters, many shotguns, bolt actions, semi-autos, etc etc. Somehow I was able to keep my resolve and I left there with nothing ! you don't know how close I came to picking up a beautiful stainless 60S .22LR with wood stock for $209 bucks. Had the cash in my pocket - - - - - - dunno what happened . . . . but it is only an hour away!!!!

Anyone want more info let me know via PM - I will help out any way I can.....

GB45

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Plenty of original Marlins on the rack where I am. Best part is I am finding used 336 30-30s for $280! Can find a 35 for about that as well. Feel very fortunately.

·
Registered
570 Posts
7-30 it's most likely
Silver Dollar Gun & Pawn on Rt. 64 West of Jordan Lake. My daughter and family live near there so next trip down I'm going to make a side trip.
Bill

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the one - - - just wanted everyone to know I have no association with them but have a lot of rifles of all kinds there.

http://silverdollargunandpawn.com/contact.htm

The gentleman in the picture on website is the owner and the one who showed me the guns. I told hiom about M.O. and he was pleased to let me take any pictures of any guns.

He has a big cabinet full of old handguns that is part of the main counter and he said "You can look at'em thru the glass but their not for sale" . . . . .

GB45

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe the 3 XLRs were new and he is asking $649 for each of the XLRs. $659 for the 1895GS .45-70. I may need to double check but I wrote down $759 for the 336SS with the Simmons Scope. Don't know why he is asking so much more for that one. I was going to call them this afternoon for someone and they closed at 3PM today. Will have to check with them on Monday.

He had a half dozen older blued Marlins and a half dozen Winchester levers.

GB45

·
Registered
105 Posts
May be some nice guns for those who can stop by, but I called the shop and the 1895XLR was new but it had a 91xxxx serial number, so it is a 2009 not a 2007. Bummer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am looking for another Marlin 336 with 30-30w used. I want to get it around $300.00.
If you have one please contact me at [email protected]. I am in CA.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are at least 4 of them at the Fuquay shop and maybe a half dozen at the Silverdollar shop. If you tell me a little more details about what you want in what condition and I will try to get you some specific pictures. This goes for anyone. Doesn't cost me anything but a few minutes of my time since I usually drive to these places anyway.

GB45

·
Registered
157 Posts
Man, I am glad I am in TX. That .308MXLR marlin express would be really hard to pass up if it was within a couple hours. After seeing my XLR 30-30 shoot a 100 yrd group like a .308, I can't imagine how accurate that gun should be.

·
Registered
157 Posts
flhx215 said:
I am looking for another Marlin 336 with 30-30w used. I want to get it around $300.00.
If you have one please contact me at [email protected]. I am in CA.
Thanks.
$300 for a used 336W? I bought my 336W a couple years ago (not sure if it is pre Rem, or post Rem) for $354 (I think) was Wally world. At that time they had a $30 mail in rebate. So I paid $324 for it, if I remember correctly. They may have gone up in price, or I may not be remembering what I paid for mine correctly, but $300 seems steep for just the rifle (if nothing was added or changed). I am in the process of selling mine to a work buddy (that I owe a favor or two to) for $225.

Sean

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sean Boburk said:
$300 for a used 336W? I bought my 336W a couple years ago (not sure if it is pre Rem, or post Rem) for $354 (I think) was Wally world. At that time they had a $30 mail in rebate. So I paid $324 for it, if I remember correctly. They may have gone up in price, or I may not be remembering what I paid for mine correctly, but $300 seems steep for just the rifle (if nothing was added or changed). I am in the process of selling mine to a work buddy (that I owe a favor or two to) for $225.

Sean
Sorry may be missed understand I am looking to get Marlin 336 any model w/30-30 winchester. thanks.
P.S. My friend at gun shop he told me he can get new 336 for $425 + tax. But I do want get older gun for less price. It is my 2nd gun anyway.

·
Registered
157 Posts
flhx215 said:
Sorry may be missed understand I am looking to get Marlin 336 any model w/30-30 winchester. thanks.
P.S. My friend at gun shop he told me he can get new 336 for $425 + tax. But I do want get older gun for less price. It is my 2nd gun anyway.
Ahhh...misunderstood you. WHen I saw the 30-30W, I tied that to 336W. Sorry.

Sean

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is no reason you can not get a decent 336 .30-30 for $300 here. I believe I stated before that the 7 or 8 I described at local shops are all in $300 to $375 range - and there are 336 .30-30s listed in North Carolina classifieds for $250 to $400. - - at least they were when I took those pictures a month ago. Some people are starting to push Marlin prices up because they know about the Remington situation.

One guy in Greenville NC has this ad: I'm selling my Marlin 336w, walnut furniture with a tasco scope. Great gun for the coming hunting season! $250.00.....

I guess we are lucky down here in the South - people don't try to rob others at the TRADING POST!!!

GB45

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
- - - by the way - I picked this one up today in Fayetteville (Fort Bragg) - - - gorgeous like new 2007 made 336XLR WITH LEOPOLD RINGS AND CABELAS 3-9x40 SCOPE with .30-30 Hornady Ranged Reticles all for -

-
-
-
-
-
-
$550. . . . . Owner bought it new in 2007 and never used it to hunt because he got caught up in fishing the Outer Banks for 40-50 pound Redfish...said shot one box to set up scope then put it away. Gun is literally brand new...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts