Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a brand new Marlin owner. This rifle is in very poor condition, it looks like
it has been sitting in a barn for the last 100 years. Ultimately, I am excited to own a piece
Of history and would like to bring this back to life. I am not looking to get rich off of this thing
(Which I don't think it's worth much any ways due to condition), but I don't want to start refinishing this
Rifle and "mess" up the value of this rifle. I ran the serial
Number and it came back that it was manufactured in 1890 but I don't know any thing else about
It. It says it's a Marlin Safety #33582 caliber .38 W. Inscription on top says -Marlin Fire-Co. New Haven. CT U.S.A
PATENTED OCT.11 1887.APRIL 2 1889

Not going to sell this, but would like to bring it back to life, that is my hobby! Any information or suggestions would be very appreciated, thanks! Ive got pictures..but I can't figure out how to post them!

·
Super Moderator
17,221 Posts
Welcome From Alabama... I Would Try Posting A Thread In The Collectors Forum...

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
You will likely get more answers quickly in the next forum down. Hyphenated. Fixes, repairs, parts and lots of other things.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys! I will learn to navigate this forum soon. I believe that is the same rifle. Thank you again, going to repost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts