Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,362 Posts
Well, squirrels are known to be territorial and figured this thief is toast.

Good stuff, BJ.

Jack

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Obviously the squirrel must have thought the guy was nuts..... :rolleyes:

ahem... I Said, the squirrel must have thought the guy was .... ahhh, never mind. :ROFLMAO::p

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
If you've ever had a squirrel dog, you know they can bite and bite hard. I was training a pup once and I shot out a squirrel that wasn't dead by far, but my pup didn't know it. That thing latched onto her nose and went to the bone before she killed it. After that she hated the them and wanted to kill them all!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
When I was a sprout my dad would give me 4 shorts to squirrel hunt by myself. I wasn’t old enough to figure out ways to get extra ammo, didn’t buck the old mans rules. Didn’t waste my ammo. Shot big fox squirrel and it wasn’t dead. Trying to get away I put my foot on it. Wearing the old PF Flyer tennis shoes. That squirrel wrapped his paws around shoe like he was eating a sandwich. He poured the teeth to me. Lucky my toes were hanging out under my heels at the time. He bit through the toe piece.

·
Super Moderator
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was a sprout my dad would give me 4 shorts to squirrel hunt by myself. I wasn’t old enough to figure out ways to get extra ammo, didn’t buck the old mans rules. Didn’t waste my ammo. Shot big fox squirrel and it wasn’t dead. Trying to get away I put my foot on it. Wearing the old PF Flyer tennis shoes. That squirrel wrapped his paws around shoe like he was eating a sandwich. He poured the teeth to me. Lucky my toes were hanging out under my heels at the time. He bit through the toe piece.
My cousin did something similar. He thought it was dead but as it turned out his head shot was more of a riccochet.
That thing woke up grabbed his thumb like it was an ice cream cone and bit clean through.
I have never since heard anyone holler quite like that.

Reactions: jgriffin1988
1 - 10 of 10 Posts