Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Make mine a 39"

Finaly got enough money together to replace my 39 that got jacked from my truck a couple years ago! I had to order one as they didnt have any and it should be in, in like 10 days or so. Im going to put the williams peep on it, and have the rebounding hammer feature removed. Also, ill be removing the saftey with the saftey delete kit i saw listed elswere. Cant wait, and just had to share.

·
Registered
191 Posts
"Make mine a 39"

Mr. Joe

Congrats on your new 39A!! Sorry to hear about your 39 that got jacked....what a bummer.

Show us some pics when the new one comes in.

firstshot

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: "Make mine a 39"

Mr. Joe said:
Finaly got enough money together to replace my 39 that got jacked from my truck a couple years ago! I had to order one as they didnt have any and it should be in, in like 10 days or so. Im going to put the williams peep on it, and have the rebounding hammer feature removed. Also, ill be removing the saftey with the saftey delete kit i saw listed elswere. Cant wait, and just had to share.
Joe.....

Where on the net can I take a look at the "safety delete kit" you mentioned? Are they available for the model 1895 as well?

thanks

hog

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Make mine a 39"

As to the saftey delete kit...go to leverguns.com and look under articles. You will see one called marlin saftey fix. Yes the kit works with all the marlin lever guns and looks great to boot. You will never know you had a saftey after installing this bad boy. Its cheep too, i think it costs like 10 bucks or somthing. I have one on my 1895g and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Make mine a 39"

Where might I find instructions on disabling the rebounding hammer feature?

Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Make mine a 39"

I dont know personaly how to disable the rebounding hammer. Just take it to a gunsmith.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Make mine a 39"

Its a saftey feature on newer marlins, were the hammer is kind of like spring loaded, as to not sit on the firing pin when the trigger is not pulled. It has been acredited with inconsistant strikes

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: "Make mine a 39"

Mr. Joe said:
Have you had the rebounding hammer feature removed yet?

And, have you installed the safety delete kit?

If so, I would like to know your results ...

Bill

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Make mine a 39"

Well...i had the rebounding hammer removed however the saftey delete kit wont fit the 39 much to my dismay. As for the rebounding hammer...it works perfect after the work...though it worked perfect before so functionaly there was really no point.

·
Registered
455 Posts
"Make mine a 39"

Mr. Joe said:
Well...i had the rebounding hammer removed however the saftey delete kit wont fit the 39 much to my dismay. As for the rebounding hammer...it works perfect after the work...though it worked perfect before so functionaly there was really no point.
Oh FUDGE!

Well, it was a nice thought anyway. Thanks for the answer.

Bill

·
Registered
127 Posts
"Make mine a 39"

I took them apart and compared today. It looks like a new hammer and hammer strut would do it. I think I'll just wait and find someone with a 39M to trade. It still shoots straight, though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Make mine a 39"

hey all, reguarding the rebounding hammer

deleting the feature is super simple. note the main spring rides on the "rebound strut" (marlin's term for the main spring guide) . this strut is forked. the lower lobe of said fork is in fact the rebounding hammer feature. grind or mill off this lower lobe and poof- no more rebound

I did this to a 39as orig golden that was suffering 75% misfires (note this problem allowed me to purchase said rifle for $100)

works 100% now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
"Make mine a 39"

Good Morning Mr. Joe......I am the proud owner of a new 39! That said; let me tell you about the can of worms I had bought. Number 1, the rebound hammer. Very light hammer strikes and the worst hammer pull exceeded only by a very late WW11 Jap rife that was finished like something you might hook onto the tractor. Remedy, cut off the lower leg(long leg) and install a "Magic Spring" hammer spring. Try this first....Then you MAY want to reduce the hammer notch....do NOT alter the notch angle. A little goes a long way! The sear tip of the trigger MIGHT require a little polish, but probaly should be left alone. Now...the crossbolt safety.....if this is removed or deactivated, there is NO safety feature. The hammer does not have a half cock notch. With my rifle/ammo, placing the hammer in the rebound notch will usually fire on the 3rd try. This is not a safe mode in my opinion. So for the time being I have left the cross bolt safety in place. My intentions are to replace the hammer with one that has a 1/2 cock notch. The effort to cycle the lever was so great that it was painfut to the top of the fingers in the lever loop. Took a mediun grit stone and then some VERY fine grit emory cloth and polidhed the surface where the bolt conacts the hammer (finish with crocus cloth). My hammer appeared to have been faced off with a coarse wheel on a bench grinder! Had muliple problems with some of the internal parts(another story). Hope this helps....the rifle is very accurate, I compete in NRA Small Bore Silhouette and the rifle is up to the competion. Take Care 64N 150W

1 - 15 of 15 Posts