Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Magnum Primers

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  308/338 
Shouldn't be a problem, start with your low-end loads and work through them, looking for pressure signs. If you settle on a load you have, you may have to rework it slightly with regular WLR primers lighting the fire.

308/338 said:
I don't believe any dealer will take back primers or powders it's pretty much a one way deal. The best way to unload them is to trade or sell at a local gun show. if you keep them high and dry they will last for years.

T ;D NY
I was over at CTD the other day (walking out empty-handed and dissatisfied, as usual) and they have signs on the ammo shelves that it's against federal law to return ammunition; I suspect components like primers and powder would be the same. I know if I was a retailer I wouldn't.

Swany is correct, (as is Aussie!) that in regards to the .30-30 you are probably OK just running mag primers if that is what you have, as long as your load was developed with them. If your loads aren't very accurate, etc, well, you can cross that bridge when you get there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.