Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have disassembled and reassembled other Marlins a number of times, but all with full-length magazines. Need some help on my new (TO ME!) 1953 336-A in .35 Remington with a half-magazine. I want to be able to cycle Leverevollution cartridges, and have purchased the required concave cartridge follower to replace the original. I am stuck on Step Two! Have removed the magazine tube spring screw, but, while holding the end cap to keep the spring from flying across the room, cannot seem to get it to budge (to release the spring). Have tried gentle prying but do not want to damage finish. I note that there is a divider between barrel and tube. Should it be tapped out, like a pin? Appreciate some help before I bugger this thing up; she's too pretty for that. Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
25,165 Posts
On my 336As--you have to take off the endcap and the retaining screw off of the mag tube. When that is done--you can slide the mag tube downward so that the spring and follower will clear the mag tube retaining post.

Reactions: GPSMAPNUT

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Did you actually cycle some through the action??None of mine had to be altered to fire the FTX bullet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts