Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never owned a Marlin bolt rimfire. But I recently acquired a Mossberg rifle that uses a magazine with a vertical dovetail on the back that locates itself on a stout bar to the rear of the magazine well. I've seen pics of Marlins that use the same or similar type of attachment. Given that old Mossberg magazines cost upwards of $30 each, it would be neat if the Marlin mags were a)cheaper and b) fit.
Anyone know?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've noted that many magazines seem to be very similar. Sometimes one just has to try them!

PS. I felt an edit was in order.

Sometimes, designers through serendipity or planning actually have used the same magazines (see the Kimbers and the Winchester 320s). However, it seems that in most cases any interchangeability would be purely coincidentaly and while it might work for some magazines at one end of the tolerance spectrum it would not work for those at the other end. In general, one has to get what one has if one can't afford to take the risk involved in buying a magazine. If I were you, I'd take PRECISE measurements and then go look at the magazine measuring tool (calipers) in hand.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I only had one Mossberg to experiment with - a 152K. That mag will not interchange with any Marlin I could find. SW

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I have a Marlin 70HC but at the public range we can only have 3 rds in the mag., so I bought a 7 rd. mag. with if I remember right fit a couple of other rifles. Sorry, I don't remember which ones. My Mossberg M46 w/mannlicher stock is tube fed so I can't check the Marlin mag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts