Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a newby to lever actions..I have just purchased my first. A Marlin 1936 30-30. And man is it in awesome condition. I dont think its every been shot. I am having issues loading the mag though. Seems it will only accept 2 rounds and then it feels as if the mag has bound up inside. Any tips:questionmark:
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
There also may be a plug in the mag tube, from a previous owner. If you follow the instructions in the "Gunsmithing" section you should be able to remove mag tube and check in properly.

USE THE RIGHT TOOLS ! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
You might try cleaning out the magazine tube -- they can get crudded up sometimes. Good tips on cleaning a 336 in the gunsmithing section of the forum! John

Reactions: Pat/Rick

·
Contributing Member
11,645 Posts
You might try cleaning out the magazine tube -- they can get crudded up sometimes. Good tips on cleaning a 336 in the gunsmithing section of the forum! John
Start here and also clean the spring. While the forearm is off look for any dents in the mag tube. Also give the mag tube follower a good inspection.

·
Super Moderator
24,334 Posts
Welcome, brother.

If you're new rifle was used in cowboy action shooting events previously, Some of these clubs require a 2round limiting plug in the tube for safety reasons.
You may, as has already been suggested, remove the tube and check for this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok..Thanks guys..Will check out the gunsmithing section. I watched a few vid on you tube and I am a very mechanically inclined so..we shall see how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts