Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting a campaign to influence Ram-Line to make a new production run of 25 round magazines. I have already called Ram -Lines customer service and they were unsure of the certainty of doing it- but the woman said that they had definetley not ruled it out.

So..
Call Ram line customer service and tell them that you would like to see some new magazines on the market

1-800-635-7656
I was unable to locate an email adress for them, but I will keep looking.

Also call Marlin customer service- they can lean on Ram Line on our behalf.
1-800-544-3380

These mags will fit a variety of malin semi- autos, and will benefit us all.I think it will aslo be interesting to see if the Firearms industry is still listening to its customer base.

Thanks
-John

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Don’t know if this is their site but it’s the only one I could find. :wink:
Ram-Line ® is a division of ATK Industries. ATK
Bryce Hallowell ATK Corporate Communications 5050 Lincoln Drive Edina, MN 55436 Phone: 952-351-3087

·
Registered
272 Posts
I cannot imagine the need of twentyfive consecutive shots being fired out of a twenty two mag in such a hurry that one could not have time enough to install another or two ten shot mags...Please tell me of your exploits and things you shoot at that require so much ammo..I'm 68 years young and except for military service do not remember needing that much ammo in such a hurry to dispatch game or varmint animals..It almost sounds like the mentality of the Columbine child shooters..Please consider this merely a question from an old man and not a slur,,just trying to understand.Thank you for your honest answers..modoc

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Because I WANT a 25 round mag. That should be reason enough. Why not have a 25 rd mag? Should it be based on NEED? Those little 7 mags are a pain in ass to load and the 10 rounder's dont last long either. I would have a hand full of 25 round mags if they were available. I was out this weekend shooting sparrows off a brush pile and it was fun. They dont sit still for you to reload those little 7 round mags. I would have a 100 round drum mag if I could get one. Spend more time shooting, less time reloading.

·
Registered
22 Posts
re: mags

I talked to them this morning and they told me that if they got enough people to respond then they would consider making a run.So come on guys give them a call at 1-800-635-7656 and lets get this going.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do believe they used to make them...

I thought there were RamLine 25 rounders for the Papoose many years ago. Given the ease that it breaks down, I'd even consider buying one if there were 25 rounders available for it.

I have multiple 10/22's now and use one in the same role as the Papoose would serve me only with a heavier folding stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Modoc,

Like big medicine said, I want one-actually several. As for a use: ever been tasked with eliminating pest birds- like pigeons? Rats? Besides, the ban was and is BS - so is all gun control. The more we learn to tolerate today, the more we will be expected to accept in the future.
Have you by any chance seen the documentary 'Innocents Betrayed"?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but as gun owners we need to present a united front- not bicker among ourselves because we cannot understand the other guy's choice of tools. There is a time and a place for everything.

Can we be friends?
-John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plainsman,

Should have put this in the last post, but..
I have FOUR papooses- I like 'em that much. I use them quite a bit as pest removal tools, they break down easy, light enough to carry slung during chores, and are just plain fun. The blued versions can be had cheap if you look hard- i bought one for $38- No mag, missing a rear sight elevator, but the price was right.

BTW: I faxed marlin customer service today, could not get throught by phone.
The fax # is 203-985-3380

Also- Gun parts Corp has 15 rnd mags- I ordered 4- They do not work, I'd aviod 'em.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep sometimes less loading and more shooting has a place and just plain fun. Even shoot one then load one and shoot again is the making for a nice day of shooting. If I could find myself a 1000 rounder , yes I might have a smoking barage and a hot barrel FUN!! BUT JUST NEVER compare that to a Columbine mentality! :cry:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Just another view from the actual experience of having 25 round mags- they don't get used that much. The plastic feed lipped mags are trash- a waste of money. I have a steel lipped 25 rounder for the 10-22, and it works well. That long extended magazine seems to get in the way of mounting the gun properly, though. It's also a liability in the thick stuff I find myself in at times while hunting....

Fun? Heck yes! For plinking in the gravel pit, and that's about it. Practical? Not really, from the view point of a hunter.... Are they immoral? I doubt it- not much sense in equating magazine capacity with morality- as Mr. Spock would say, Highly Illogical. Do I need them? Not really- but nice to have just the same...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doc,
You are right regarding the steel-lipped 10/22 mags. The class 3 crowd swears by these for use in their full auto guns.They seem to last pretty well too.

I still want Marlin mags, all practicality aside. I've taken this crusade to other forums, and it seems like we might get up a head of steam if half of everyone who looks at the posts actually calls, and does not have a defeatist attitude toward the idea.
We'll see. Its fun to discuss, anyway.

·
Registered
413 Posts
25 rd mags

Yup- the plastic Ram-line ones are junk. I have one but would like one that works. Do I need it? No but it sticks in my craw that Janet Reno says I cant have one. CL

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I have one, it came with my Marlin 70HC, they ARE fun to shoot. Here in PA it is illegal to hunt with a semi-auto, so the only thing I can use it for is making cans jump. with a couple of 25 rd mags you could probably get the barrel pretty warm. I know I can empty them faster than I can load them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You poor guy- no Semi- autos. I think Id have to move to Texas or somthing. No offense, another attempt to legislate your ethics. Minnesota probably aint far behind. CL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No hunting with a semi? That bites. What is the rationale behind that- "the people will slaughter all the game in sight" nonsence? Passed by people who do not hunt. I'll wager.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW- I called Marlin the other day, and mentioned the magazines. Evidently they have already submitted thier accesories list for 05, but they told me that some mags in 06 were possible. Good- Then I'll start harping for a folding stock.

Then after that I'll lobby Washington to deregulate short barreled rimfire rifles so i can make a little mini rifle for potting squirrels while i feed the hayburners...all with no prison time!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would like to know what the thinking behind barrel length limits are all about. There is only a few inches difference between the longest barrel for a hand gun and the shortest barrel for a rifle. OK the criminal minded would use the shorter rifle for crime as easy to conceal. But then again they would do that any way if that is what that person wanted. With that in mind could not a hand gun be to short? Could not a rifle be to long as for sniping. I guess I'm just asking why the laws. You can buy such as a BROWNING that is nothing more than a buckmark with a buttstock and a longer barrel than the semiauto hand gun. Maybe I just don't get it. But why?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I am not completley sure but I think it goes back to the origins of the NFA 1934. All sorts of gangster types running around with machine guns, Whippet guns, and bonnie and clyde with sawed off BAR rifles. The powers that be do not want us peons to posses easily carried, compact and powerful weapons. They want to save them for themselves!
again, it is a case of a group of people- Americans in general- getting punished for the actions of a smaller group- criminals.

That said, My papoose would be really handy with an 8" barrel, folding stock, and 25 round mag- would not bother me during chores, much more accurate than a pistol, easy to carry, no need to carry a reload most days, no matter how many packs of rabid squirrells I encounter. Just think of the small utility guns that we have missed out on over the years due to this law. Makes me sick. Think i'll have to write my so- called reps- again. Not that they listen. That's why I prefer to contact the manufaturers, they are more likley to listen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
215 views on this thread- If Just half of those people called ram line with the same request, I do not think the company could ignore it, and we would see some mags on the market next year.

Have YOU called yet? I am getting all my relatives and coworkers to call, just for the hell of it.

Come on people, lets make this happen

1 - 20 of 24 Posts