Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I will be retiring from the Coast Guard next September (2015) I am marine diesel engine trained on Paxman and MTU systems as well as Detroit Cat and Mann, working knowledge of hydraulic systems and some ship board HVAC. I am in the St Lucie and Palm Beach County are of south Florida and will be staying here once I retire.
I am Also a Coast Guard Boarding Officer which is to say I am a Federal Law enforcement officer and responsible for leading boarding teams for CQB and non compliant vessel boardings, as well as conducting vessel inspections to ensure compliance with federal regulations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you hold a current Chief, DDE 4000 or above & have or can get a TWIC, there are many positions in the oil industry open in the Gulf. Most are based out of Louisiana, but air travel is easy in & out of New Orleans. Most work schedules are 28 days on / 14 days off. Once hired you can usually find even time options. Day rates vary but range from $700 to $1,000 p/day plus benefits. Contact the 8th district for more info about required certifications if interested. Good luck & thanks for your service!

·
Registered
964 Posts
he forgot to mention he is over 6 feet tall, per federal regs, so if they sink he can wade ashore.

GO NAVY!!
Indeed, I did not meet the "regs", so after two years in the engine room of a 210, they sent me to NAVY flight school.
The NAVY trained me well, but you forgot to mention that the CG is the hard nucleus about which the NAVY forms in time of war............lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts