Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for two different Lyman or Ideal heel molds for loading 32 Short Colt :!: they are #299152 (80gr) and #299154 (105gr). :D I already have #299153(90gr) and would very much like to aquire the other two :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
You might also keep an eye out for the Lyman hand tools with mold blocks. These tools were equipped to cst a heeled bullet. Mine casts a bullet of around 87 grains. They're usually pretty reasonable, often less than a mold alone. Mine was $16 on Ebay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MM93, does yours cast a flatnose bullet? My mold has a round nose and even after I trimmed the cases to size they don't want to feed from the magazine :? But on the other hand this little rifle has really surprised me :D The inside of the barrel is good but it still has some small pits,but they don't seem to hurt accuracy at all 8) Heck,if I ever find one of those 80gr molds I might see if I can sneak up within about 40 yards of a woodchuck 8) Also just might have to get another 1892 in 32 ,I'm afraid at this rate I may wear the barrel out on this one :)

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Yes, mine casts a round nose bullet, and it feeds fine in all my Marlins. I really shouldn't say it feeds fine in all, as one is a Ballard single shot rifle, so there's no feeding involved!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No success looking for the other two molds, have looked everywhere suggested. And quite a few other places with no luck :!: Guesse this might take awhile :!:

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I looked onEbay for over a year, before finding my Ideal hand tool, with mold in .32 Long. Within a couple months I saw another, and emailed a friend so he could buy it. Go figure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one mold and that should be enough :!: But I would like a heavier bullet mold and a lighter mold :D :!:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts