Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps,
Im in England, i have fitted a Williams rear sight and the Lyman tunnel foresight to my 1894 as i shoot paper targets, somehow i've lost the clear plastic insert which suited my needs perfectly, i've tried to find a replacement but the only way i can find is to buy another complete foresight with the set in it which seems a waste of the hard earned cash.
Can anyone of you clever peeps help me source one or possibly make replacements?
Thanks in advance
Earl Grey

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Rarely some small inexpensive gun/optic part goes missing here. Have always written/e-mailed the manufacturer's customer service, and two weeks later the part shows up in the mail, give that a try.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
What model Lyman? I have some ancient inserts.

Reactions: Earl Gray

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Earl:
I have a post and a loop. No plastic insert. The tin is marked Lyman 17A. Left over from my smallbore target days in the 1950's. If you need them, I will send them in a letter across the Atlantic. When I was young and my vision was sharp, I'd use a front and rear aperture for bullseye shooting. I could knock the dust off the wings of a gnat and not harm the insect.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts