Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have this receiver sight I bought with a bunch of other stuff and could use some help on if it only fits older rifles or newer? My old book says Win 54/70 and I had been hoping for it to fit a Marlin. That’s apparently not the case.
So do I have something that will fit newer Win 54/70s?

Thanks,
Hank

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Win 54, Win 70 Standard and Remington 721 and 722 - 1961 Stoeger Catalog

Reactions: WhatsNext

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Win 54, Win 70 Standard and Remington 721 and 722 - 1961 Stoeger Catalog
My only printed catalog is a Lyman #44, not dated as I can see. It also mentions the Win 54/70.
llmason, Thanks for that confirmation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a nice sight. Target type knobs. I like it.
Thanks, maybe I can duck tape or zip tie it to my marlin ;-)
I too like the knobs. Actually, it’s the clicks they make.

·
Registered
523 Posts
@WhatsNext, do you have the mounting screws for that sight? If not you might give Lyman customer service a call. Your sight looks to be steel. I'll bet you could sell it for enough to buy a Williams sight and have some $$ left over. Williams also offers target knobs to fit their sights. I've installed a few. You have to disassemble the sight and deal with a detent ball and spring. Not hard to do at all...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@old wound
No, I don’t have the screws. I bought this from a LGS that was going out of business and the couple sights I got were in mislabeled boxes and I didn’t know enough to look for part number or screws.
Looks like this one is steel.
Aircraft Line Rotorcraft Vehicle Engineering

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For a Marlin or a Winchester lever gun, you'll need the Model 66 Lyman.
Thank you,
With my vintage eyes, I feel like I even need a peep sight on the BB gun! ;-)

When I open the gun safe If I listen quietly, all I hear is “peep me, peep, peep, …” sounds like a bunch of baby chicks!

again, thanks,
Hank

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thats a nice old sight. I would be tempted to buy a Win 54 or pre 64 model 70 just so I could use it. Like others have mentioned. I would try to sell or swap it for one you could use on your Marlin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts