Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using this bullet in several 41 Magnum handguns for several years. I fell into a NIB 1894FG last fall and have put several hundred rounds of hand loaded jacketed bullets thru it to clean up the bore; smooth any burrs, tool marks, etc. Now I'm ready to scrub all copper fouling out of it and get serious about cast bullet use thru it. I like the size and profile of the long discontinued Lyman 41028 bullet and it works well in handguns. Has anyone here ever used this bullet in a Marlin 41 Magnum firearm? What was your opinion of this bullet design in the Marlin?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
42 views and not a single comment. Yay or nay?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use the Lyman 41028 in both a S&W 58 and a Marlin 1894FG. In the Marlin I had feeding problems at first but some experimenting with cartridge overall length solved the problem. I"m working out of state right now so don't have access to my records so can't tell you just what OAL worked for me. It has worked quite well for me especially on a couple of wild turkeys.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. The reason I thought to try this bullet first is because it drops from both my molds at .414. I have custom sizing dies for .411, .412, and .413; so I should be able to match it to the bore of the 1894FG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts