·
Premium Member
18,171 Posts
Links are nice............

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would post a link if I was computer literate....its either get em like this or not get em....

·
Premium Member
6,514 Posts

·
Banned
19,622 Posts
A few months back two of my local gunshops had LVR in stock. I decided to buy some and check it out in a .303 Brit,because it has exactly the same shell capacity as a .308 Marlin Express. I bought 3 lbs at one store,and 2 lbs at the other. I followed Hodgdon's online data,working up from below,and the loads shot great,answering an unasked question. Yes,you can run LVR in your Enfield.

Looking at the unopened 1 lb jugs,I noticed a production date printed on each. One said 2006,two said 2007,and two said 2013. Now for some reason there's a shortage of ammo and components. Opinions vary as to why,but I still tend to think it's the Federal Government somehow,and I don't know how,keeping the supply to civilians bottlenecked. If there's such an all-fired shortage,and the manufacturers are running 24/7 to keep up,why would I get powder 7 and 8 years old? Was it sitting in a warehouse waiting for the word to get released to the open market? Call me paranoid,blame the hoarders and scalpers or whomever you will,but I still think the Feds are controlling and strangling the market.

Gotta love a good conspiracy theory.

Rob

Reactions: myflatline

·
Premium Member
6,514 Posts
I see no reason why it wouldn't work in a 303 Brit it works in the 338 express. As far as the jugs of LVR with 2006 and 2007 dates could just be just old new stock that the LGS had in the back and forgotten.
T:hmmmm: NY

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.