Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just last night, I was lamenting to my wonderful wife of 33 years about getting our finances straight and then today at lunch this pops up.....
02' JM stamped 1895 Guide Gun.....it, well...it just followed me out of the store.:flute:
I have been looking for one of these for about 3-4 years

guide gun.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,017 Posts
Hey McBuck,

Great score!

Later, Mark

Reactions: duxnbucks

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nice rifle. But what's the tie-in to getting your family finances straight? You lost me.

Rob
I'm pretty sure he meant to say it went south, quick, because of Marlinitis (did you know they have big sad puppy-dog eyes that say take me home?), and now he'll have to find a way to hide and/or explain his new investment...:p

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nice score McBuck, hope it doesn't upset your...umm...finances too much.

Reactions: duxnbucks

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Just last night, I was lamenting to my wonderful wife of 33 years about getting our finances straight and then today at lunch this pops up.....
02' JM stamped 1895 Guide Gun.....it, well...it just followed me out of the store.:flute:
I have been looking for one of these for about 3-4 years

View attachment 117460
Very nice.

Pawn Shop 45/70s around here are scarcer than hens teeth. I need to get back into the discipline of stopping at every Pawn Shop I pass-by. You've motivated me.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I would love to hear how he's going to explain how this is going to help get the finances straight. Well honey you have to throw a few curves in it now and then to have something to straighten out and I just thought this would help.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice rifle. But what's the tie-in to getting your family finances straight? You lost me.

Rob
Nice score McBuck, hope it doesn't upset your...umm...finances too much.
I would love to hear how he's going to explain how this is going to help get the finances straight. Well honey you have to throw a few curves in it now and then to have something to straighten out and I just thought this would help.

OH!! I did not mean it to sound like we are broke or anything like that!! No, no, no!! I am just being the old crotchety self and wanting to cut corners and save, save! No! I am not so stupid as to forego another bill or take groceries out of the cupboard to slake my Marlin Lust. I'm good.

I passed on one of these about 4-5 years ago and regretted it ever since. My buddy saw this one and told me about it and that was all it took.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
for price comparison....north Georgia and it was $600 OTD. Leverevolution 325gr $35.99

·
Registered
20,272 Posts
i just tell my wife the gun is for her but... a 45-70:questionmark: no boom-boom with 45-70... he too big! :biggrin:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have wanted one of these, 1895G, for a good while but the timing was never quite right. I told her that was what I wanted for my 50th birthday last year but she and my brother could no find one; she got me an AR instead. She said this one was my birthday present this year.....I turn 51 on the 12thp

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Very nice! Looks like real nice wood too.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Congrats,
that’s a fine lookin’ rifle

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice grab!!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Very nice!!! and if I dont say it on the 12th.... Happy Pre-B-Day

Mine is on the 19th of this month but Im 2 years younger... :flute:

Doc

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I think i got this finance thing figured out, turn around and sell it for $100 more than you paid. WA LA up goes the bank account, works for me. eh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts