Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all......
While those who know me know that I love my Marlins.
But....recently my Winchester 94's are getting the nod.

I have a few with 2 nice pre 64 in 30/30 as well as 32spl.

Recently I aquired something you do not usually see me pay interest to.......
A 1977 pre safety 94 in 30/30.

Fellas.....there is not so much as a scratch on this Gal.
I put a Williams peep on her as well as a rear sight blank.

Now I'm here to tell you that this rifle is impressing the begeezes outta me.

It cycles with a pinky and is silky smooth.Smoother than my expensive gun's.
And shoot!!?
I was swinging the 8" gong free hand with every shot at 70 yards on my range.The barrel was too hot to touch,but the point of aim stayed true.
She is a joy to carry.........points like a charm .....and will not be leaving my stable.
For grins I took a quick photo while clearing her throat yesterday.
Pic will be up in a moment.

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
I got rid of two pre-64 Winnie 94s in 32 Win SPL but kept a 1943 model. Winnies are nice but they come in second to my Marlins. I recently saw a 1952 Winnie Mod 64 32 Win SPL and have that put aside for me at the LGS. I will probably NEVER see another Mod 64 in person during my lifetime.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Nice wood on that one also. I like the variation in the grain. Reality is that the post 64 Winchesters were/are still miles above all the Remlins and very comparable to many of the JM's.

JMHOYMMV

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sorry guys, but I think the winchester rifles are a little more classic than the marlins. And I own 2 marlins plus a winchester 94. Not an old one, but a beautiful rifle, 1980's vintage in 99% condition. And it will be passed on to my kids and hopefully to there's. And I also won't get rid of my marlins either. Those will be passed on as well.

·
Registered
28,600 Posts
Sorry guys, but I think the winchester rifles are a little more classic than the marlins. And I own 2 marlins plus a winchester 94. Not an old one, but a beautiful rifle, 1980's vintage in 99% condition. And it will be passed on to my kids and hopefully to there's. And I also won't get rid of my marlins either. Those will be passed on as well.
Oh dont get me wrong. im a 94 winnie freak supreme! BUT ! I love Marlins. and SAVAGE 99!!! guess im lucky!

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
Nice rifle Deerhog, I also like he variation in the wood.

I have an early AE pre safety 94 that I shoot very well. no where near as nice as that one though.
It Loves the Federal blue box so well,
Hadn't even tried to load for it yet.:flute:

Ole 94 says "well they say things comes in threes":smokin:
3 Winnies, 3 Henrys, and a bunch of Marlins.:rofl:

RP

·
Super Moderator
4,352 Posts
If and I say If I were to ever buy another lever gun besides a Savage or Marlin it would be a Browning '92 44 SRC.

Reactions: shawlerbrook

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I’m easy, Marlin, Winchester, Savage, etc.......any and all leverguns !

Reactions: BrewsterII
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.