Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Riflemen-I have been buying working knives for my sons since they were twirps. They are big wigs now in thier respective careers and make more money by accident that I do with sweat. I still buy these guys guns and knifes for special gifts and usually buy them what I would like to have. They have especially nice knife collections.

I have been buying Jason (oldest son) Buck knives this year and he has a pretty complete collection. I asked you guys about a large belt knife a few weeks ago and decided to buy it for his birthday. That will be tomorrow. It is a very large sheath knife with a very broad backbone. It's actually quite impressive by design and could take some serious abuse if it had to. I now must find away to make myself give it to the kid. I just went through this at Christmas when I managed to buy him one of the last Schrade sheath knife's of it's kind available anywhere that I could find. I paid too much for it on e-bay but I really had no choice. Giving him that knife hurt as well.

So as the title of this claims, I have a love/hate relationship with this gift giving of things I would just about die for. I love it that these items go to my wonderful sons and will be passed on to thier sons but I hate buying them and making myself let them go. But this does illistrate why I am so sold on the idea of, Life is good, BestLever

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeverDude-That fixed blade knife is going to sky rocket in price soon if it doesn't now. they are the real deal and a lifetime hunting companion. I won't bid against you and hope you get it reasonably. Let us know. They are nearly perfect deer sized knives.. Good luck, BestLever................................................................If another comes up let me know. I sometimes forget to check enough.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Almost every thing I buy for my wife son and daughter are guns and knives and I secretly covet all of them. I gave my son a Jeep last year. I just sold the old CJ5, and I have caught myself more than once formulating designs to get the one I gave him back. I have also almost thought of offering him money for the 1895 I gave him last year so I can chop it up. Oh the evil that lurks in the heart of men. :lol:

G

·
BESTLEVER. No need to feel bad, buy them for yourself, use and enjoy them, will them to the boys. Sounds like they can afford to buy their own. The first knife, on ebay, looked like a golden spike, always wanted one. The 2nd schrade is a great lockback. I bought one of the last made buy schrade, before they closed and reopened. It's been sharpened, but never used. POWDERMAN. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Well, I got it for $42 bucks. Not free but if it looks like I think it will in real life I'm more than satisfied. :D

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
That is a nice knife Ken. Congrats.

G

·
peetie said:
Anyone have a "Puma White Hunter" ?
Are they a good practical hunter ?
I had one back in the 1970's. It had very soft steel. It is blade heavy and not as usefull in blade shape as many others on the market. No doubt the steel, or treatment of the steel, has improved. The blade shape is, however, impractical for a working knife.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts