Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my kid to a hog farm last weekend for his birthday. After seeing me kill two hogs with my 1895ss my son asked to use it. The rifle worked fine for him and I was informed that HIS 1895ss is now his go to rifle for Ohio deer this fall. Time to get serious and find me a pre-safety 1895.

BB

·
Registered
278 Posts
I will admit to doing the same kind of thing growing up! My dad still gives me a hard time about a little 20 ga over under we both have taken literally tons of game with from quail to deer.

Good luck to you and your son. I'm glad ohio has opened up their regs.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
You sir, are a good dad!!! :congrats:

Doc

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Best way to lose a Marlin - sounds like a real good day.

Congrats.

Brocky

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I feel your pain. I used to own a nice collection of Marlins.

Now my daughters, my son, and my wife own a nice collection of Marlins. They've all been "adopted".

I guess I'll just have to find me another one . . .

:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Yep, Like they say your keeping it in the family. My dad give me several guns growing up. Now Ive given him a couple. So I figure what goes around comes around. Good dads are getting hard to find these days, looks like your a good one.

Reactions: bbri4570

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All I can do is wish your Son a Happy Birthday!
He's already gotten his present!! (Twice):)

Hey maybe you can get him to load ammo for you????:biggrin:
Frank,

I would be happy just to get him to use smaller magazines in his black guns and pistols. He can go through ammo a lot faster than I can cast and load. I don't see him loading ammo, at least not now (he is 31 yrs old), he is to busy living the dream flying an F-16 for the OANG.

BB

Reactions: MM22UC and bbri4570

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I feel your pain. I used to own a nice collection of Marlins.

Now my daughters, my son, and my wife own a nice collection of Marlins. They've all been "adopted".

I guess I'll just have to find me another one . . .

:biggrin:
bbri,

that is my plan, I really want a pre-safety 1895. I guess this deer season I will have to make do with my 375 and 444s.:biggrin:

BB

Reactions: bbri4570

·
Registered
186 Posts
Lol, I know the feeling, when I brought my gbl home my 16 yo son tried to hide it under his robe and head up-stairs to his room. Come to think of it I used to have a dog too ! Im moving back to ohio soon, when did the regs change, last i knew pistol or shotgun was the only centerfire allowed, if it has SWEEEET!!!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol, I know the feeling, when I brought my gbl home my 16 yo son tried to hide it under his robe and head up-stairs to his room. Come to think of it I used to have a dog too ! Im moving back to ohio soon, when did the regs change, last i knew pistol or shotgun was the only centerfire allowed, if it has SWEEEET!!!!
lost,

Regulations were finalized in April of this year. Apparently ODNR only approved a list of cartridges and not a cartridge definition. The more common approved cartridges are, 45-70, 444M, 375W, 38-55, 45 colt (and the ever popular 45 Long Colt:flute:), 45 ACP, 44mag & 357mag. There are others including the 50-90 and 45-110 and a few more I don't remember. There is a 3 round limit but no requirement to plug you firearm; I wish the ODNR good luck with that rule. Welcome back to the Buckeye state and good luck hunting this fall.

BB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.