Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Beautiful rifle. Know you must be happy. How do you know it was "lost"?

Reactions: Sparky civil

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wow...what year? Again I am very jealous.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Sparky,

I think I got a blood relative of your gun. Similar price. Here's some stats. Marlin Model 1894 32-20 Rifle. Original sights, 28"octagon barrel, straight stock has period repair but solid as new. Manufacture date 1901. Good bore, excellent shooter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
A few more pix.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Might as well throw in the last 2 or 3.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drjjpdc, wow, wow! That's my guns great granddaddy. I really like the old ones. After getting my 1893 I sometimes look at my herd and think.....if only you guys were all old. How does it shoot?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Sparky,

Actually I did not get it yet. I copied some pictures from GB for myself. Mark (msharley) had advance warning of this binge spree I was in. When you couple multiple hospital stays with some unexpected tax return money, I felt like a woman with a new credit card standing in front of an imported leather shoe store!! :biggrin:

Besides this toy, I picked up an 1894 .44 mag, an 1894M .22 mag and a WT 336 .30-30 I needed :) for silhouette with a 24" barrel. Yeah, yeah I know barrel length does not increase accuracy, but the longer sight radius was nice. Plus when you get right down to it, I wanted it (isn't that reason enough)?

John

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey Sparky,

Fine looking 32-20!

Hey Doc,

Oh boy! Better figure on casting! LOL

Later, Mark

Reactions: drjjpdc

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
One fine rifle! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
18,171 Posts
I think you'll find the 32-20 to be a well-mannered, subtly powerful round will will remind you of a 357 Magnum with a slightly softer voice. Accuracy out of mine is excellent, and it dotes on Hornady XTP's in several weights. While I was out sniffing around around recently I came across some oddball bullets, 0.309" 90-grain XTP's, instead of the .312-.313" versions I normally see in 85/100 grain weights. Given the reduced size and friction I'm betting they shoot even better. It's going to be a fun summer!

Here's mine, wearing a receiver sight, along with it's smaller cousin, the 218 Bee. Either one will put a smile on your face with a single shot. Having a hundred rounds of ammo to burn up makes for a really good day!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Sparky you will have to call her Grace, she once was lost but now she is found.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.