Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this up and was going through it. Both of the screws on the Fore end Cap are boogered (is that a word?). There is a slight play in the fore end wood. This gun has no barrel ring. I will need two new screws for the forend ring, but, I really don't understand the play in the fore end stock. I think the previous owner tried to overtighten the screws in the fore end ring to take out the play in the wood. NO, It Wasn't me.... I swear. :)
Anybody run into this before? Where do I go to just get some new fore end screws?
Thanks in advance, because I LOVE this rifle. Going to me my new dirty thirty gong shooter. (My 336-C is still a sweet gun, but, the octagon barrel with the straight stock is really sweet). rc

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Lot of times folks loosen them up to increase accuracy. The messed up screws are a common thing to happen as the cap is hard to get back on unless you do some wood removal and loosen it up. Get the new screws and see if he holes line up well before trying to start them. If so, and you still want to tighten it up try a little dab of silicone under the cap to stop the play.

I would check it out and see how it shoots after, you may wind up taking it back out.

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Hey I hope all goes well for you, they are a nice gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts