Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 65 years of age, I just got my first Marlin 35 Rem. Just a few weeks ago, I fell into a horse trade deal and came home with a JEN-YOU-WINE Marlin 336 in 35 Remington. I thought I was gonna wet my pants before I got home.

I've been doing a lot of reading and studying about all things Marlin, especially the afore mentioned caliber. I've also learned about those 'Remlins' that aren't loved like the real McCoys. I saw a few posts talking about that highly sought after JM stamp on the left side of the barrel right in front of the receiver.

So, I'm sitting here at my desk reading another post about that JM stamp when the light came on. I got my 35 of of the closet, turned a bright light on it and, lo & behold, there on the barrel is JM in a little oval shaped circle.

Looky there!

Textile Metal

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I read the OPs post last night and went to bed scratching my head on this. So I guess what you're saying is you came out of the closet. I mean you came out of the closet with a 336 in 35 caliber that you didn't realize had the (JM) stamp on it. Well when you buy or make a deal on any of these older models you should look for the JM mark. Myself I'm looking for the rarer model that doesn't have a (JM) mark on it as I'm not sure if there are any out there. Pre Remington models of course.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Ol' Jim, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but she's counterfeit. Counterfeiters have trouble getting a complete stamp. As you can see, the bottom half is missing.

Just kidding.:biggrin: It's not uncommon at all. I have a couple myself. Cool find, I hope she's a shooter.

Reactions: MidBigWest

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ol Jim
I am fortunate that I got my first 35 Rem at the age of 10...Marlin 336 brand new from the real Marlin factory. That old 35 has taken more deer than any other weapon I own (more than any three in fact). It's not a 300 mag or a 204 but those are not a 35 Rem either. It is a fine cartridge that does the job it is meant to do very well; paired with a Marlin 336, it is just about the perfect deer rifle inside 150 yards.
I hope you get the enjoyment from yours that I have from mine.
RT4

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.