Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Don't deal with that guy. I bought a 336 from him. He described it as 98%. when I got it you could tell the stock had been refinished very badly, the stock and forearm had alot of dings and dents, and the bluing was in poor shape, Not to mention that the sites were broken. He did refund my money but I had to eat the return shipping and the ffl fee. Just a warning. Ask yourself, why does he only take one picture. Plus wht is it that he has made 1015 sales and only has 3 reviews. hmmmm

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Keep looking. I was watching a really nice one on Gunbroker that had tons of pics. It sold for $345. There are lots of them out there for that price. And with skmarsh77's advice I'd stay away.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
I'd avoid a seller like that like the plague.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
I would avoid that seller especially after Skmarsh77's review. Should have more than one picture and more reviews.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Brian in FL said:
I'd avoid a seller like that like the plague.
I see posts from him all the time, and I wouldn't buy anything from him because of his arrogant attitude. And you can tell that gun has been refinished.

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
Halwg said:
I see posts from him all the time, and I wouldn't buy anything from him because of his arrogant attitude. And you can tell that gun has been refinished.
Yeah and poorly too in my opinion. In spite of the glossy shine (which I don't like) it looks rather rough; like he didn't steel wool and tac rag it between coats. I'd pass on it! Like the guys have said, you can do better! ;)

CJ

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, yer sayin' I shouldn't trade my 336ER straight up then?? ;) Thanks for the input!! ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts