Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime recently, possibly mid to late 2005 there was a post here, in which I participated in, that showed a pic of a 336 with a Leupold 2.5 scope mounted. Can't remember if gun was SS or blued, but nontheless I'm trying to dig up that post and pic. A search turned up nada. Possibly, the recent server crashes, or worse, ate the post. Any help? Post was at least 2 pages long, if memory serves. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I have a 2x7x33 on my xlr.. if this helps

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I have Leupold 2.5x on a 336SS LTD 35 Rem and an 1894S 41 Mag. I dont have pics of either. They are dandy scopes for Marlins though.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I use Warne bases and plain old Weaver low rings. This gives me a very low mount like I like it.

I know there are sexier rings than the old Weavers, but I have never liked rings that protrude high above or out to the side of the scope. I carry my rifles a lot, often with my hand wrapped around the top of the scope and the botton of the receiver.

Most people like one peice bases as well, but I tilt my scopes pretty hard to the right, and only a two peice base will allow me to do this with such a low mount.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok...dumb question. I have some pics of a 336 with the 2.5 leupold but I cant figure out how to post them to the forum here?

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
336C/35 Rem said:
Ok...dumb question. I have some pics of a 336 with the 2.5 leupold but I cant figure out how to post them to the forum here?
E-mail them to me and I will be glad to post.

Dave 8)

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Here are a couple of pics from 336C/35 Rem. Looks real nice!

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Real nice.. may have to do that to carbine when I get rich..

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a Weaver V3 (1-3x20) on one of my 336's and it uses a similar set of rings and base. It looks about the same also. I don't know how much that Leupold scope costs, but my Weaver was about a buck fifty. Not too bad for a good little scope. I shot a decent 8 point last year off-hand from around 80 yards using it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
336 with Leupold

when i saw the pic of the 336/35 I had to go to the safe and see if my gun was still there ..I got the same set up. Real nice.. I have yet to take it hunting just to the range to zero. Going Boar hunting in 2 weeks guide said leave the 30/30 home and bring the 270 win so I guess we wait til fall for deer harvest.Any how nice gun there Mr Okie.

·
Registered
473 Posts
That scope is the compact variety?
What is the FOV?
I keep tossing around putting a fixed 2.5x on my 336, but the compacts I checked had a worse FOV then a normal 4x. Kinda doesn't make sense to have low power AND a small FOV.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
sulaco said:
I have a Weaver V3 (1-3x20) on one of my 336's and it uses a similar set of rings and base. It looks about the same also. I don't know how much that Leupold scope costs, but my Weaver was about a buck fifty. Not too bad for a good little scope. I shot a decent 8 point last year off-hand from around 80 yards using it.

179 on the leupold..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts