Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a decent '92 today but it is missing buttplate, and cartridge lifter. Where can those plastic repo buttplates be bought? Can a new lifter be bought also? Thanks, moodyholler

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see Wisner's offers a carrier. Is that the same as the lifter? Thanks, moodyholler

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Moody,
I have picked the butplates up at Brownell's(plastic type) I think it might be bake-lite material. They also have the crescent type buteplates out of pot-metal that has to be trimmed and shaped and drilled. Put alittle finish on the white metal and color it up like ya need.

SpikeMaster49 :D :) 8) :lol: :D :) 8) :lol: :D :) 8) :lol:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wayne, good to hear from you. How does the 1888 shoot? Thanks for the tip. Will check them tomorrow. When are we going hog hunting? I may be up to a road trip this fall. Later, moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Yea James, the carrier is the same item that Wisners has. Vintage Grips has the buttplates.
I couldn't find any correct repro buttplates at Brownells? They only carry post WWII era repros. I think Numrich may also have them, if they can get the order right! The M53 is the one for your 1892.

http://www.vintagegrips.com/griplist.htm

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Moody,
Give ma a call and I'm sure we can get a Piggy Hunt going. E-mail me at home if you want to.

SpikeMaster49 :D :) 8) :lol: :D :) 8) :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts