Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,099 Posts
Charlie, welcome from Texas, glad to have you here. If you can use Federal, the auto match is good.

Reactions: packard

·
Registered
183 Posts
All of the above suggestions are on the money. However, I expect your Marlin will eat and fire whatever you feed it. For plinking, buy whatever is cheapest -- except maybe MaxxTech. For small game the conscientious is CCI, but YMMV and other brand may prove superior. Best of all, you'll get to figure out what what your particular rifle likes best . . . enjoy.

Larry

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
CCI is not pricey. It's about 40% of pricey. The junk is 30% of pricey.

That being said, Federal is slightly less expensive and almost as good. I lean towards the Auto-Match for one pistol and the big 500 round packs for one rifle.

I would buy Armscor before I bought anything from Remington or Winchester. For me and ALL my rimfires, both are junk.

·
Registered
47 Posts
CCI is not pricey. It's about 40% of pricey. The junk is 30% of pricey.

That being said, Federal is slightly less expensive and almost as good. I lean towards the Auto-Match for one pistol and the big 500 round packs for one rifle.

I would buy Armscor before I bought anything from Remington or Winchester. For me and ALL my rimfires, both are junk.
+1 on Armscor - they seem to be a great value tho prices are inflated somewhat at the moment. They normally go for 3-4c/rnd, IIRC.
I'd probably go Armscor before Federal, but that's just me. I'm partial to Rock Island Armory. lol

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Some people will not buy foreign ammo and Armscor "smells bad" but I don't mind it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, all!!
Thanks in advance!
~G
Someone mentioned that online ammo sales to your location is a no go. FWIW I've been reading that *that* has been reversed or temporarily suspended and online ammo sales to CA is now legal?? Don't take my word for it, be sure to confirm that somehow.

BUT...if it is true, now is a good time to run a few brands thru then stock up in bulk on what ever works best. (CCI-36g-HVHP-M-M of course lol):pcguru:

BTW...
3" groups at 25 yrds...using a slingshot? Seems...a bit loose.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts