Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new ish marlin 336 in 35 remington. It is stainless steel with "salt and pepper" or black walnut stock. It has a JM stamp on the barrel. I've seen this question asked, but I have not seen an answer, forgive me as I'm new to this forum. Thanks in advance for any help. IMG_20140410_181658.jpg IMG_20140410_181658.jpg

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Is the barrel stamping "336XLR"? And what is the first two digits of the serial number?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Thats Nice, #1 Reason is it being a 35 rem! If it belongs to you its worth what ever your heart desires it to be!!!! (I'll say in between $500 to $1000)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
2007?

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! We're glad you've joined us! That's a really nice rifle! John

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I have one. Value here in Indiana- $800 to $1000. With that serial number, it is a 2007. Nice rifle! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Just bought one last month. I think I got a good deal at $500. Levers are definitely a blast to shoot.

Welcome from the banks of the "Mighty Mis'sipi"!

Mop

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, that's just some of them. I'll never sell any of my ARs, that being said, I Probly will buy more Marlins. I built every ar I have from stripped parts, they mean alot to me. I have all kinds of calibers and even more on the way!:)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Welcome aboard! You got a nice one! :congrats:

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
It's really hard to throw a price out for you that is definitive. Not that many 35 Rem. MXLR's were made, for one. For #2, prices for certain models vary so much according on your location. The 35 Remington is more popular in certain parts of the country than others, ammo can be hard to find in some places, stocked well in others, tends to cost more than more popular calibers. With all of that said, ya got yourself a darn nice 35 Rem.. If I needed a price for insuring purposes, I would go with $8-900. DP

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks dude. Shops around here for sure don't carry 35 rem in any sort of quantity. I was lucky enough to find afew boxes in pa but shot them all. But that's no problem I can always find ammo. I'm just curious what it's worth in case I plan to sell it in the future. It would ruin my day, for Damn sure, but I'm waiting on my pistol permit to come through and if all goes well will need money for one within two months. But I really appreciate the info! I hope I can find another way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts