Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 170gr Speer Hot-Cor bullets and several powder choices. My frst powder choce is LVR, but I also have Ramshot TAC, H4895, Varget, RL15, and IMR4064. I'm leaning towards the Hornady manual load of 38.5gr LVR. Hornady max loads have typically been the most accurate in my rifles, in many calibers and action types, and seem to be very conservative (never produced high pressures in my 7,000 plus handloads). Any thoughts or pet loads?

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
The only time I've fired anything that matches your components is the Speer Manual #12 starting load of IMR4064.

Speer 170gr Flat SP + 34grs of 4064 + WLR primer = a little over 2000fps in a 20" barrel.

I don't shoot many jacketed bullets anymore, but if I do I've settled on this one. This is the starting load in my Lyman Manual #45.

Hornady 170gr 8mm .323 + 28grs RL7 + WLR primer = 2131fps in a 20" barrel. Please note a word of caution. This bullet is a little oversize so even though this is a starting load drop an additional 2grs when using this bullet. These bullets shoot better in my rifle than the traditional .321dia bullets. All my 32Spl's have some age to them (1940's & 50's) so this may explain why my rifles like this bullet.

Reactions: ballistics04

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Pm MO members Windy and Swany. They are both gurus when it comes to handloading the 32 WSP. They will give you some good info.

Reactions: ballistics04
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.