Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add to my collection. At he moment I'm looking at 3 different possibilities.

First is a CZ 75 compact

CZ-USA CZ 75 PCR - 9mm (low capacity) -- CZ-USA

Second is a Beretta 92 fs

92 FS

Third is a ruger 1911 cmd (stainless)

Ruger® SR1911® Centerfire Pistol Models

There are things about all 3 guns that I like. I already have a 1911 and a beretta 92, so I wouldn't need anymore mags, and I already have holsters for both. A big plus for the CZ is size. It's small enough that my wife would be comfortable shooting it.

The gun would mostly be a range gun, but on the off chance that the SHTF, I'd be looking to bring the gun along.

I would value everyone's input on this. Pros? Cons? Unfortunately buying all 3 is out of the question.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
20,272 Posts
whew! thats gotta be 3 of my favorite pistols. my dad has a cz-75 & i like that. i held a ruger 1911 the other day & any 1911 is a great pistol. the beretta, i have a 92L compact & a model 96 40s&w. since the cz fits your wife, it sure makes a good buying point! you can't go wrong with any of the above. sorry i couldn't help. too many good pistols to choose from! :hmmmm:

·
Super Moderator
6,561 Posts
+1 on the CZ as well. I have owned all of the above....well, not a Ruger 1911, but many 1911's. The CZ compact is an excellent mix of high capacity, inherent accuracy, concealability, shootability (eronomics/low recoil/high recovery rate), and versatility (can be carried cocked and locked or da/sa).

Also likely found for less money than the other 2.

As others have said, all 3 are great guns, so there is no wrong choice here, but I'm throwing in for the CZ.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I've had all 3. I sold the CZ 75 and bought a glock 19, it is my current CCW, still have and love the Baretta 92fs, sold the Ruger SR1911 and bought a Colt gold cup trophy stainless, what can I say it's a Colt! I have since aquired another Colt, a series 70 stainless. Nothing wrong with the Rugers I just like the Colt better. Same with the CZ it too is a fine weapon I just shot better with the Glock 19. I agree there is no wrong choice here.
JB

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I will throw in for good measure the Glock 26, I pocket carry that baby glock in a De Saints holster. Wonderful little 9mm, and, any 9mm magazine will fit it. So, I carry two 13 round capacity magazines on my person. Never feel out guned, thats alot of Ammo to throw down range.

Reactions: jbaker30

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at Glock. They are fine guns, but they don't fit well in my hand. I feel like I have to "push" the gun forward in order to get the sights lined up.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
I really really like the cz 75, but your wife may have problems racking the slide. With the internal rails there isn't a lot of purchase to get her hands on. But for 9 mm steel guns it's my favorite. You could try an XDM. They point much more natural then a Glock.

Reactions: duxnbucks

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,353 Posts
Years ago Eugene Stoner told me that little bullets should come out of little guns. Hence, Nix the Beretta. Now choose little bullet or big. Just my $.02 worth. AC

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
The CZ is about as fine a platform as you can find. Extremely accurate and reliable. Ergonomically, no other fixed grip frame gun fits as broad a selection of hand sizes.

Bryan brings up a very good point that the XD and XD(m) steal the grip frame configuration of the CZ and make it their own in polymer. If you don't like Glock grip frames, give the XD series a chance along with the very adjustable M&P frames.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went with the CZ. But a lot of that was because the other 2 were sold by he time I went back.

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
I own the CZ 75 pcr compact.And I own three Berretta 92s.All great guns.I own 1911s,but I am a 9mm fan.If I had the choice of having just one,I would get the CZ 75 compact .I love mine.It is accurate and concealable.CZ makes quality firearms.So does Beretta,but the newer 92FSs have a polymer trigger,polymer mag release and plastic guide rod.I had to spend extra just to get them up to par with my 1984 model 92F.Now,the CZ 75 compact has a plastic guide rod which I replaced.But everything else is metal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts