Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have officially given up trying to reassemble the Camp 9 that is in pieces in a ziplock bag and would like to know if there is a reputable gunsmith that can work on it? I'm in So. California...any help appreciated. I love this old gun and it was my favorite plinker 25 years ago....and I have tons of 9mm ammo :)

vin

Reactions: joel lee

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
yes I know a guy, but he is in Denmark W.I. Been my gun smith for 30 plus years, His name is Arlen Bradley guy is just amazing. Joel Lee

Bradley Gun Sales

6189 County Road P Denmark, WI 54208
(920) 863-8534

Reactions: vindog

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have officially given up trying to reassemble the Camp 9 that is in pieces in a ziplock bag and would like to know if there is a reputable gunsmith that can work on it? I'm in So. California...any help appreciated. I love this old gun and it was my favorite plinker 25 years ago....and I have tons of 9mm ammo :)

vin
Vin,

Have you looked at the assembly vids in the stickies at the top of the page? They're not all that hard to assemble once you watch. Guys here went through a lot of effort to make these fine instructions!

Russ

·
Registered
649 Posts
Make sure all the parts are there before you mail them off. It will cost you less if you have all the parts.

A good Gun Smith is worth their weight in gold, however a smith is not needed if you find some one (an armorer comes to mind) or some one who is familiar with the Camp Carbine.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Have you tried U-Tube for a tutorial on the re-assembly of that weapon?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure all the parts are there before you mail them off. It will cost you less if you have all the parts.

A good Gun Smith is worth their weight in gold, however a smith is not needed if you find some one (an armorer comes to mind) or some one who is familiar with the Camp Carbine.
I am just at the point where

a. the schematic is problematic for me; "having all the right parts" is becoming a challenge and perhaps it is because I lose patience
b. I did see several videos and got excited about laying all things out, painstakingly spending hours on this thing and then my reality kicks in (shouldn't you be fixing the leak in the kitchen???)

I appreciate all the helpful responses!!! My hope was to find someone in Orange County, CA who could do the work (drop it off and he can figure out what's needed, including even boresighting it..)

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Any gunsmith should be able to do that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just be patient and get some big paper clips to straighten and run through those holes until all the pins line up simultaneously!
Me too, until I tried something. Instead of paper clips I used drill bits. Selected the right size to fit the holes exactly, the smaller ones are all the same size so you'll need a couple and one of the larger. Using these correctly sized shanks the two halves slide together perfectly. It's a snap!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I found a great gunsmith in Orange that put the Camp 9 together for $50; out here that is considered a bargain. I can't wait to shoot it again after 20 + years! Am tickled because I have like a thousand rounds of Israeli 9MM I inherited....

Enclosed is a photo I took after I brought it home (yes, I am a photographer.)

VINW8280.jpg

·
Registered
702 Posts
IMI 9mm is good stuff - clean burning, a bit 'hot' so make sure you have a good recoil spring - and new blackjack buffer. BJ sells springs too or did few years back.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, I found a great gunsmith in Orange that put the Camp 9 together for $50; out here that is considered a bargain. I can't wait to shoot it again after 20 + years! Am tickled because I have like a thousand rounds of Israeli 9MM I inherited....

Enclosed is a photo I took after I brought it home (yes, I am a photographer.)

View attachment 132029
That is a bargain. X2 on making sure that you have a new buffer instaled before you shoot it!

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
That is a bargain ANYWHERE!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everybody for your input; I just thought I'd update since I've taken the Camp 9 out to shoot several times now and it performed beautifully. Amazingly the boresighting was still accurate from when the scope was first mounted. I can say it is the most fun to shoot of any of the weapons I've got. I did in fact have new replacement springs and the buffer so I'm thinking I'm good to go for awhile.

Best to all...
vin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts