Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading 35remingtons excellent article on the 35 performance, I thought I'd spice up my rather mild 180 grain loads to something a little faster for an up coming hog hunt in TX. I'm searching the manuals now, and leaning towards 42 grns of 748 (2242 fps - Hodgon #26) since I have the powder on hand. Any other loads would be appreciated. Thanks. Bill

·
Super Moderator
5,565 Posts
Check your message board.

Also have several others besides 3031 if you're interested. H335, H322, H4895, etc.

It would be nice to hear of the other member's results as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Send me what you got. I'm interested in the 3031 bec I have a can sitting around (old) but there is a gun show in Denver next weekend and I may look for some H335 before I load up the rounds. I really enjoyed your research on the 35 rem and look forward to any new publishings you put out. bg

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
If you have any Varget, my gun LOVES 40.5 grains under the Speer 180. Five shots at 50 yards are one holers if I do my part. That's with a 4X scope in a Scout mount. I love that bullet! Everything I've ever shot it in has given good results, but this load is a tack-driver (in my gun) and the next time I go looking to ventilate a deer, this load is IT!

PJ

·
Registered
243 Posts
If you want a speed demon then try AA2460. Granted the manual isn't anything to write home about but I took the liberty of calling Johan at AA powders before they were bought out by Western Powder Co. I asked him to give a load that would be close to 42,000 psi just like the 30-30 Winchester is rated to. He said start at 38 grains and work upto 42 grains. I was able to achieve 2400 fps and good accuracy. Just remember I chose to take the risk of going above the manual. Load carefully and safely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts