Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a special order at WalMart for an 1895CB. The lady said it would take 7 to 10 days. Three weeks later I checked in with her, and she made a call to their supplier. He told her that they were out of stock on them, and they were back ordered. He couldn't tell her when they'd be getting any in. I looked on Gun Broker and found one listing. I bid $800, and that was not enough. I looked on Gallery of Guns, and they didn't have one either. I did a google search and no joy. So, if anyone here knows where I might find one at any kind of decent price, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know where one is to be found. I can see spending up to $800 for a nice specimen.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way, but am glad they are hard to find. Means I will have a few more $s in my bank account. :p

I do hope that yours comes in soon.

·
Registered
549 Posts
pm'd ya. ;D

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Brian,
Gander Mountain in Watertown NY had a nice used 1895 CB on the rack for $550. I thought it was in good shape. I wanted to buy it actually but I have been looking for an 1894 and I already own two 1895's so I let it sit where it was. The forearm was a little losse but nothing that couldn't be tighted up, maybee even just with oil. 411 the number up there and see if it is still available. It was there two days ago. Good luck.
Matt

·
Super Moderator
12,201 Posts
I'd hold out a while and wait for a better deal. I nearly bought one at a gun show a few months back for only $500 and it had a tang sight to boot. Kind of wish I'd bought it now though, it would be fun to have..

·
Registered
622 Posts
Two weeks ago I bought a Marlin 1895 CB and a S&w 686 4" barrel, both nearly new in the box with all paper work, locks, etc. for ..................$950 cash out the door. The marlin was marked @ $525 and the Smith @ $485.

Don't hate me cause I am usually not that lucky. The S&W looks to be unfired by the PO and the marlin lightly fired. It even came with a lace on kick pad.

I bought the Marlin to resale later or for trade bait if I ever bumped into a 24" 45LC. But I have kind of fallen in love with the idea of making an octagonal barreled carbine with a full length magazine and pistol grip stock. Still might consider the trade for the 45LC though.

The smith I always intended to keep.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked on the one at the Watertown Gander Mountain, but it was sold, so my search continues. I'm always going to think a good thought; one will turn up for me before too long. It took quite a long time for me to find a .32 Special, but one turned up for me eventually. I'm depending on my good Marlin Karma. ;D

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Good luck in your pursuit.

I waited for a few years before I finally made the decision to get my hands on one, and then another few years before I found one that "spoke to me", that I could afford, and was in good shape. Mine was made in 2007, was filthy, with an action that was rougher than a cob, and had been on the rack as used less than 2 hours. I picked it up, looked it over, checked it out, and didn't let go of it while I was on the phone with the head accountant checking on the availability of funding. One other guy was watching me real close, and another was standing nearby, waiting for me to put it down. I never did, at least, until the paper work was completed on my lay-away.

$499 later, it was out of lay-away. With your persistance, yours will come along. Hope you find one that you like at a good price - like I did.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I passed on one at a gun show last year because I just didn't have the money to afford it then. He was asking $599, but they are usually willing to dicker. I bought another .35 Remington instead for $250. C'est la guerre.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
That 1895CB in Watertown did not last long then. I was there two days before I saw it on the shelf and now you say it is sold. By my timeline they didn't have it for sale more than two days...
Good luck with the search. I stop at a lot of gun shops and will keep my eyes open for one for you.
I know where you can get a used non-ported stainless guide gun for $500 if that would work for you?

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Matt. I already have a Guide Gun and an 1895SS. I want the Cowboy to make it a trifecta. I'm going to be patient. Who knows, the special order at WalMart might come in after all.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
If I didn't have the LTD II I would have bought that cowboy myself and I already have a guide gun too, though mine is blued and ported. I did just pick up a sweet used 1894SS though a few days ago. It is my first one and I love it....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I found my 1895 Cowboy NIB 07 serial number for 715.00 including shipping from Ca. to Md. One hit the site yesterday and has a bid to buy, I keep an eye on the site and have a Marlin wishlist that hits my email everyday. Check it out: /www.gunsamerica.com/

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put in a backup offer on the rifle. If the original deal falls through, the seller is supposed to contact me, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If it doesn't I have seen 1895CB roll through the site about 1 to 2 a month, all reasonable priced. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
BTW, I know the disappointment of trying to find these things, my wife had asked if I wanted a party for my 50th b-day back in Feb, I told her no that I wanted a rifle. I began my search in Dec, Gander Mtn was looking for me, Dicks was looking, and several small area gunshops. Gander found 3 in their stores but none of them were willing to give them up, Dicks couldn't find any at all, and no luck with the gunshops. My birthday was two weeks away and I really didnt want anything but the 1895CB as I love the octagon bbl, full length mag tube, and never liked checkered stocks.
Woke up early one Sunday, started searching the net and found my gun, it had just been posted, the site had two, one was sold. I put my bid in and two weeks later the rifle was in my hands, never been happier. Then found MO, went to work on my trigger and dropped my pull to 4lbs from 7.5.
Since then have watched 5 more travel through gunsamerica, and 3 through gunbroker, I almost settled on a 450 marlin as I love the big bores, but my heart was just set on the 45-70, none of my friends understand, and my wife just asks "whats different about this gun from your others?"
Some people will just never get it.....

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
It's got nice wood too! Better hurry Brian before I decide to make an offer.....

Just Kidding! I'm not in the market for a cowboy..... ;D

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dave4570 said:
I was just on gunsamerica and one is posted for $699 nib along with a gbl nib for $549
That 1895CB is the one that I've got a backup offer on, but thanks for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts