Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been hashed over and hashed over many times, but allow me to resurface it ;D. When the 336D's were being turned out, I was still wet behind the ears and certainly didn't have the money to buy one. I do remember saying however, "one day Ill have one of those". The desire to have one hasn't went away and I am still searching. I am not a fan of the ported barrel, but I don't and probably never will be able to have another rifle made to the same specifications without the porting. So I guess it is just something I will have to deal with. That is, if I can find one.

I am not asking anyone if theirs is for sale, as I do not want to offend anyone. The way I look at it, if you had it for sale you would make that known somehow. But if anyone knows of any in great to knew condition, I would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks for your time,

Jake

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Well you have to speak up or you'll never find one! ;)

Others have been fortunate to find them for sale here by posting just as you have! I'll keep an eye out for you....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Although this is my first post i have been lurking in the shadows a long time..........and this morning i seen the creature you speak of at a show in Asheville N.C. And from the price that was being asked im not sure you would have the money even today. At $800.+ and he wouldnt budge so my heart skipped a beat and i just kept walking. The price may not bother some but for me that was a shade too high. :-\

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
Hey Gconn, welcome to MO! Unfortunately the price on pre-Remington Marlins are on the rise and limited edition models typically go for a handsome sum at times. But there's deals out there, you just have to keep looking.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I need to hit up more gun shows around here. I'm actually in middle of nowhere North Dakota for the summer but Ill keep an eye out for any in the Montgomery area. 800+ is awful steep. I am expecting to have to fork out something in the 600 area. I believe that if you are going to scope a rifle, you need so spend as much on the glass as you do the rifle. Since in my mind one of these rifles is actually worth something in the 400 range, I thought about a Nikon Monarch Gold 1-6x42 on it. Oh well that is just me dreaming. six-gunz I appreciate you being on the lookout.

Jake

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
gconn, welcome to MO!! Glad to have you here and enjoy yourself. Good to have yhour first post trying to help someone find a specific Marlin. Lots of great folks here, lots of knowledge and you will fit right in. Take care, John.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had a 336D. I loved everything about it ............except the ports. When I read about the 336 LTD in 35 REM I sold the D & ordered the LTD. It is the same configuration as the D but no ports in STAINLESS.

I still regret selling the D. It was just so cool.............ports & all.

John

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really believe that if they had made the D without the ports they would have had the perfect levergun. But that is just my opinion. I am not crazy about stainless leverguns but I saw earlier today that the stainless version does not have ports. Both are beautiful guns so I am pretty torn. Especially since there is a stainless one fs/ft in the classifieds now.

Jake

·
Registered
550 Posts
JakeM said:
I really believe that if they had made the D without the ports they would have had the perfect levergun. But that is just my opinion. I am not crazy about stainless leverguns but I saw earlier today that the stainless version does not have ports. Both are beautiful guns so I am pretty torn. Especially since there is a stainless one fs/ft in the classifieds now.

Jake
If it were me, I would buy the LTD that is available & when(if) you ever find a "D" you can always sell the LTD. Just food for thought. 8)

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts