Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone point me in right direction in finding a cartridge cut off for a 1946 Marlin. I see Numrich was sold out , Brownells has what looks like the newer style, and Wisner's does not have one listed. I mistakenly ordered the cartridge stop (part 30F) thinking it was a cut off. I searched the subject and found the newer style cut off with spacer won't fit. Any help is appriciated.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I can't get a replacement cartridge cut off has anyone made their own and if so can you provide details?

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
Sorry that I'm not offering a source just sharing similar experience. I called Marlin and they sent one promptly, only problem: after discussion of model they still sent a cut-off for a later model gun. Might try them - but emphasize that it is a 46. One was a 1948 - no spacer at all required. My fix turned out to be modifying (or experimenting with) the torque of the stew holing it in place. Can't remember if I loosened it or tightened it but eventually I got it to feed and extract all seventeen rounds without a doublefeed or hang-up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts