Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a bolt, lever, hammer, and locking block (and what ever you might have) for an 1895 Marlin. I've got a one in 33wcf that is just screaming for me to get it in shooting order again. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Unfortunately, this is going to be a tough one! There has been an 1895 carbine changing hands for the last couple years or so, and each new owner has inquired after the availability of a bolt & lever. It hasn't been too long ago someone was still looking for same, so I'm guessing there just aren't many out there.

One (expensive) possibliity would be to have a machinist make one from scratch. Other than that, score yourself a Gun List & Shotgun News and call or write each & every person advertising gun parts for sale. Be patient - there just might be parts out there. Somewhere.

Do not haggle prices! SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I did see a guy who made a bolt for an 1895 out of a 336 bolt. He started by welding metal to the sides of the 336 bolt, and then machining it off to fit the 1895. When it was done, it looked OK, but I was a bit concerned about it's strength.
Like Hogger said, the parts are a tough find, and there are others looking too. Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was probably me looking before too. I've got a couple 1895's that need bolts. Every once in awhile I put a post here (and other sights) to see if I can pick up parts. I bought an 1895 rifle (40-65) a few years back without a bolt and managed to find one. I know they're hard to find, just have to keep looking. And by the way, that carbine that's floating around is is in my gun locker too. Couldn't resist that one either. I've been building a new barn and getting all my other toys situated there. After I'm done, I plan on putting together a metal shop. Looks like I'll probably be making a few bolts myself. Probably alter some 1893 levers to 1895 configuration too. Any way, if anyone finds any 1895 parts, I'd appreciate an email. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts