1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A friend of mine has boken the ejector sping of his Marlin 1894 44 mag

The production date of his rifle is 1975 according to the serial number

The right reference should be 514 269....

I have order a spare part at Brownell's shop according to the schematics on their website related to the marlin 1894 44 mag and they shippped the item 550-501-168 wb but it does not fit ( even if it was the same that I used several years ago for the same type of rifle that I had previously and which was perfectly fitting.... )

Could anybody tell me where to find the correct one outside Brownell's and Numrich ( they don' t have anymore ref 514 269 in stock)

PS

I was also surprised when I disassembled my actual 1894 44 mag octagonal barrel which dates from 1972, when I saw that the "recepient" shape as quite different than the one on my fiend's gun ( mine is oval ,my friend's one is round)

here are some pictures

my actual ejector spring which perfectly fits my friend's gun

DSC09190.JPG

the place( oval shape) where it stands on my rifle
DSC09189.JPG

the place on my friend's rifle (round shape)

DSC09192.JPG

Thank you in advance for your help !:shot:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Hi

A friend of mine has boken the ejector sping of his Marlin 1894 44 mag

The production date of his rifle is 1975 according to the serial number

The right reference should be 514 269....

I have order a spare part at Brownell's shop according to the schematics on their website related to the marlin 1894 44 mag and they shippped the item 550-501-168 wb but it does not fit ( even if it was the same that I used several years ago for the same type of rifle that I had previously and which was perfectly fitting.... )

Could anybody tell me where to find the correct one outside Brownell's and Numrich ( they don' t have anymore ref 514 269 in stock)

PS

I was also surprised when I disassembled my actual 1894 44 mag octagonal barrel which dates from 1972, when I saw that the "recepient" shape as quite different than the one on my fiend's gun ( mine is oval ,my friend's one is round)

here are some pictures

my actual ejector spring which perfectly fits my friend's gun

View attachment 104344

the place( oval shape) where it stands on my rifle
View attachment 104345

the place on my friend's rifle (round shape)

View attachment 104346

Thank you in advance for your help !:shot:
The folded one-piece ejector was used in about the first decade of the revived 1894's production. It was replaced by a unit with two-piece construction and a totally different method of retention in the receiver, there's a hole through the receiver that a post on the ejector fits in. The two units are in no way interchangeable and Remington doesn't make parts for 40-year old guns it never made to start with. So "Marlin" isn't going to have the part, nor are their current replacement parts distributors. Wisner's specializes in making old gun parts and has cataloged that ejector, but last posting from a similar part-seeker said they needed to rebuild a piece of machinery to make the part and no more were in stock. Numrich/Gun Parts HAD an ejector that fit and worked according to one poster here, it didn't look anything like the original. It wasn't listed under the Marlin part number but was in the 1894 section. Might be they've got that one still in stock. It wasn't cheap, either, but better than having a single-shot rifle. Look at past postings on ejectors for the link.

Alternative is to find some spring stock of the appropriate thickness and bend up one. Harden and temper like a watchmaker does a clock spring. Might take an afternoon once stock is in hand, since you have a complete one as a pattern.

Stan S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Stans4

Thank you for your answer !

I have contacted Wisner per email.

They said that for the moment they are out of stock but they should do another production run within 7 to 9 monthes.

So I will wait, and not try to get other spare parts that would not fit.

Have a good day

Pierre

·
Registered
341 Posts
I purchased one from an seller on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. They show up on there from time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts