Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 bolt and lever to trade or buy outright. Thanks a bunch, moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Let me check my stuff, once I unpack the gun show items.
Vall

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still Looking! Anyone? Any sources? Does anyone know how to make 8x58R Danish Krag ammo? Thanks, moodyholler

G

·
moodyholler said:
Still Looking! Anyone? Any sources? Does anyone know how to make 8x58R Danish Krag ammo? Thanks, moodyholler
Is this for one of the Swedish Rollingblocks Sarco is selling :?: If so I would be intrested in hearing how it goes, also I would like to see one sometime :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6 Pt it is a bolt action Krag in the same caliber. Will let you know if and when I shoot it. moodyholler

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm not sure I would FIRE it..The "Cart'of the world" says it is more powerful than the 06..In A Krag,, idunno if I'd chance it in the old rifle.."But to error on the side of safety is no error at all.".my quote..Come to think of it,,I have a strange box of ammo in my shop that if memory serves me,,was 8mm and was rimmed..I'll hafta take a closer look at it..Going out there friday so will let you know what it AM..modoc

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
The Danaish Krag is plaenty strong enough for the cartridge, since it's factory built for that cartridge.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm sure it WAS that strong a hundred years ago and hopefully still is..That ammo at the shop turned out to be 8X57 JR..Bunh more unidentified stuff there also.Tried useing the micrometer on it but there are so many rounds with like demensions that it is a rough job in a short time..I'll take my better mic in the morning and try again..Those EURO cartridges shore do resemble each other.Like a MAD scientest designed them while having a nightmare..IMHO...modoc

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I'd guess we could say the same thing about the '03 Springfields, or the US Krags, or the 98 Mausers? All 100 years old or more, but lots of rounds going through them every day. In fact, the old '03 is still one gun that I see a lot of at matches at our club, and they get the heck shot out of them! Seen many Mauser 98's and '03's converted to unbelieveable calibers. Along those same lines, the old Enfiled 14 and 17's were the first choice of Wells Gun Shop, for their .50-460 conversions! Old Fred Wells bought every Enfield he could find, and rebarreled them to .50 caliber, then chambered them for .460 Weatherby Magnum, creating the .50-460 cal. Lots of 100 year old bolt guns are extremely strong actions. Unlike some other types of actions.
By the way, Cartridges of the World said the "Norma" version of this round was more powerful than the .30-06, not that all 8mm Danish were more powerful than .30-06. Most loads run well under 2800 fps, although there are exceptions like Norma.
Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts