Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been slow lately for me, always looking for a good find. I found a 1965 336rc that looks to be in ex condition. It comes with a leather case, 2 boxes of ammo, flip over scope base, and scope all period correct from the 60's. The scope base and scope I could do without but It might be kinda cool to leave it that way. It almost looks like he set up his rifle bought some ammo and put it away. The price was higher then I wanted. But if it's really nice I will come home with it. Wish me luck! I am looking at in the morning. (A couple," just buy it" would help) Matt

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
You never said how much?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Just Buy It Already
hope that helps

·
Registered
133 Posts
I won't tell you to just buy it, but I will ask you, will you kick yourself if you let this one get away?

They don't make 65 Marlins anymore.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
MSRP for a Remlin is $610 for a 336C, and it may or may not work. New has no accessories. Use that as your point of reference.

I have several Marlins from the fifties and sixties and one from the forties. They are all nicely finished and none have required repair. That goes for two that were made in the eighties and 2007. I haven't deleted the cross bolt on these two, yet, but it could happen. The pre Remington made guns were nice.

If you decide to dump the swing over mount, I will swap you a nice Leupold dovetail set up for it.. PM me if you decide.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Get it!

·
Registered
964 Posts
sounds like you know a good one when you see it, good luck, they might meet your price threshold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts