Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the lgs to check out the powder/primer supply and they said they had just received a nib stainless laminate guide gun today. It was ordered for a customer a long time ago but they knew I was looking for a 45-70 so we had a viewing. Extremely poor checkering, what don't they just give that up on the laminate? Fit and finish looked good on one side and bad on the other. The bolts have grooves cut in them now? Looks like my BLR bolt kinda. I worked the action and it was really gritty even though there was lube on it. And lever was really wanting to jam in the fully open position. The loading gate looked like a very thin piece of stamped sheet metal. I was entertaining the thought and hoping for better but sad to say it was junk. Back to jm's

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
In my opinion, the JM route is the only one right now. A company that has built so many guns for so many years should never let one leave their domain that has issues like rhe ones they make these days. Yes you can find good ones, but look at all those that are junk....and NEW to boot.

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.