Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was home in Florida for a couple months and was getting ready to leave yesterday to fly back to my home in Germany for the summer. Three hours before I had to leave for the airport I ran up the street to fill the truck up so my sister-in-law can exercise it while I'm gone. Coming back I spotted a new (to me) little gun store and thought I'd pop in for a minute.

There was an older Marlin on the wall and I asked about it and was told it's a 30-30. I was a little interested but didn't need one, but then the young man said "and that one is a Winchester 30-30, and that one over there (I was already walking away to look at the hand guns), is a Winchester 375."

I turned back around and said, "Excuse me?"

Turns out a guys uncle left it to him and it was in on consignment. A Winchester Big Bore 94 in 375 Win. Best I can nail it down is it's a pre-1981 because it doesn't have the angle eject nor cross bolt safety.

The picture doesn't do it justice. Those are just handling marks on it. I took the picture as soon as I got back to the house before I cleaned it up. I think it was a safe queen. It is in pristine, new condition. After cleaning it up there isn't a mark on the metal or wood. The ammo, scabbard and original manual came with it, but it's missing the box. There are only 6 rounds fired out of one ammo box, the rest are full. From the story the seller told, that's all it's ever been fired and I believe it. I don't know if I got a good deal but I took it all out the door for $950.

I'd be interested in what you folks think about the deal. Anyway, here's the picture before she was cleaned up.

Gun Shotgun Air gun Airsoft gun Trigger

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
That's at least $150 worth of ammo so you really only have $800 in the rifle. I see them priced anywhere from 750-900 around NC. I think you did fine.

·
Premium Member
10,571 Posts
I have wanted one of those since they came out. I saw one a couple of years ago on GB that had no checkering. it looked good! I liked it better than the checkered ones. I think somebody must have put the unchecked wood on cause I have never seen another one like that. you have a nice gun!

Reactions: Marlinjunkie

·
Premium Member
10,571 Posts
buy the way, you got a deal! GB wants around 100.00 a box for the older ammo and the gun is 700-1000 the leather scabbard has to be 150.00 yea you got a good deal!

Reactions: Marlinjunkie
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.