Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 2 Garands on 3/26/2014 with a minimum expected wait time of 90-120 days. Yesterday (4/17/2014) look what the FedEx guy brought to my house :biggrin: Both have new CMP walnut stock sets and what looks like all new metal parts as well. I can't believe how good they look and would kill for some free time to go to the range. I'm hoping maybe Sunday morning after our hike. Olroy, I haven't forgotten about you. As soon as I get a little bit of time we will get out and make some noise with these sweet girls.
Gun Rifle Shotgun Air gun Trigger
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Wood
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
That's a beautiful pair of HRA's. I love my CMP Garand although my Winchester is no where near as nice as those two. Those rifle look like they just rolled off the assembly line. I presume those are HRA Special grade rifle, I have heard great things about those Special grades and may have to order one some day, they truly are a work of art. The Garand is my favorite of all surplus guns I own, I have recently decided that I need an M1A to go along with it.

Stu

·
Registered
423 Posts
I purchased mine through CMP a couple of years ago and I am very glad I did. The M1 Garand is a piece of history!

Enjoy them. They are truly battle implements.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
:congrats:NICEEEEE!! They look like they just came off the assembly line!! You got a mighty good looking set of twins there!!:beer: Shucks, I'll be mighty proud just to look at them!!:beerglass:

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a beautiful pair of HRA's. I love my CMP Garand although my Winchester is no where near as nice as those two. Those rifle look like they just rolled off the assembly line. I presume those are HRA Special grade rifle, I have heard great things about those Special grades and may have to order one some day, they truly are a work of art. The Garand is my favorite of all surplus guns I own, I have recently decided that I need an M1A to go along with it.

Stu
Thanks. I'm quite pleased and proud.They are just the $625 service grade. The only way I can tell they are not new is that one has a SA barrel on it and the other a HR barrel..

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We will get them out and see how they do. I'll get a hold of you as soon as I get some free time.
:congrats:NICEEEEE!! They look like they just came off the assembly line!! You got a mighty good looking set of twins there!!:beer: Shucks, I'll be mighty proud just to look at them!!:beerglass:

·
Banned
457 Posts
that furniture sure looks nice, good job and congrats

Reactions: Surveybob

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Sure sounds like a good plan to me, Heck, I just want to look & Drool over them !!:biggrin: & I promise to clean them up when I get through drooling!!:biggrin: Seriously, they are a couple of fine looking M1's:tee::congrats:

Reactions: Surveybob
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.