·
Registered
25,048 Posts
too rich for me,, :D..
Hello Tim.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Pretty amazing! It appears the buyer is a dealer, so he should know the value of that gun. Guess I'm missing something too!

·
Registered
183 Posts
A NIB with all original papers will command an premium price.

I can imagine there are a few collectors who'll drool over the possibility of owning this nylon 66. I think the black version is rare, to boot.

Most of us here are only interested in shooters.....me, too. I wouldn't pay that kind of money for it, either.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Funny part is when I was a teenager back in the 1960's my buddies and myself didn't want no "plastic gun". We all thought they were a "pos". Back then you couldn't hardly give one of them away. Times are a changein. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
(I posted this once but I guess it didn't work right or something.)

I agree with Andrew in a way.

It's because I aint much on that rifle because it looks tomuch like a toy to me and I just really don't like that look in a rifle. It looks alot like my old daisy airgun :shock:

DoniphanRedneck 8)

But I'm sure it's a heck of a shooter nontheless.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree the price is too high, but it appears to be an excellent piece, especially for someone who collects them. Glen

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
henry t said:
Tim 14655,

You going to bid on that one ?

Henry t
I'd love to have it but i have 2 other babies taking all my cash right now....a 79 Ford F-150 4x4 w/a 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires,,,,400,,,4 speed,,,and a detroit locker in the rear end.....and the other is a 71 Chevy pickup w/a 350 horse 350 and all kinds of other goodies.....

But as some other guys said,,,,this aint no shooter and i cant justify buying a gun just to look at....I still like seeing stuff like this though....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Holy smokes!

Current bid of $505.01 with about 2 hours left. (I'll bet the last bid hasn't been placed yet!)

buyer is a collector, not a shooter!

HS

·
Registered
957 Posts
Nightrain52 said:
Funny part is when I was a teenager back in the 1960's my buddies and myself didn't want no "plastic gun". We all thought they were a "pos". Back then you couldn't hardly give one of them away. Times are a changein. :)
You were right.

G

·
There's no way I'd pay that kind of money for a Nylon 66. Like you guys, I'm primarily a shooter, not a collecter. Let's just say I'm a collecter of firearms to shoot. I do have a nylon 66, which I paid $100 for. Besides being a real neat little plinker, it's my fusil of choice for dispaching vermin around the house.

A mama possum must've had a family here because I've had to terminate a couple little possums in the last few days. Out came my trusty "plastic" rifle and some standard velocity solids, and the possum population was reduced by two.

The little rifle may not be pretty on the conventional sense, but it is a real reliable piece that digests everything I feed it. It even cycles reliably with RWS Target from after the company switched from plated cases to plain brass. Even our 10/22s choke on them.

It may look like Mattel, but it shoots like the real thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nighttrain 52

Funny part is when I was a teenager back in the 1960's my buddies and myself didn't want no "plastic gun". We all thought they were a "pos". Back then you couldn't hardly give one of them away. Times are a changein.
You and your buddies were right!!!! Those things look and feel like PURE CRAP!

Free is too expensive for one of those things!

·
Registered
175 Posts
My 66 is the only autoloader I'll own....
It may look weird, but it was one of the most brilliantly designed rifles ever....
You just have to be careful not to let any solvent flow into the action and get on any of the nylon parts -- but this is no problem for me 'cause I never clean the bore and the action only needs a swipe with a piece of paper towel after shooting.

After shooting countless rounds thru it in its lifetime I have never, ever...not even once...had it jam. And it also happens to be one of the most accurate rifles I have ever shot !

If I had to define the 66 with one word it'd be "Reliable".

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Ringo I bought a used one from a neighbor back in the 50's and it was a good weapon except for the stock,solvents,heat and sun bleached and cracked it ,tried to get a stock for it and was unsuccesful other than Nylon so I sold the parts.

·
Registered
175 Posts
IntrepidWizard said:
heat and sun bleached and cracked it.

Mine never had this problem........ it always puts on SPF-45 Sunblock before going out in the sun.... :wink:

G

·
tdobesh said:
Nighttrain 52

Funny part is when I was a teenager back in the 1960's my buddies and myself didn't want no "plastic gun". We all thought they were a "pos". Back then you couldn't hardly give one of them away. Times are a changein.
You and your buddies were right!!!! Those things look and feel like PURE CRAP!

Free is too expensive for one of those things!
If I might paraphrase from Forrest Gump: Purty is as purty does.

I don't care how anyone else thinks they look or feel. They shoot right sweet - and they never jam like a certain Marlin product which shall remain nameless. Whenever I shoot it, my Nylon 66 looks and feels right purty to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts