Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The long wait begins… So I was out with the wife, we made a stop at the local gun center. After a bit of looking around at the rifles we stop and take a look at the pistols. I made the comment that I’ll take her out shooting and she stated that she does not want to fire a rifle but would shoot a pistol. :eek: At this time an employee heard me tell her that you need a permit in New York. So he starts telling us that they offer the class needed for the permit. So we listen to him tell us about the class he informed us that one of the instructors was a grumpy old guy. My wife answers with” you don’t know my father”. I think that’s what signed the deal so needless to say he’s the instructor and we are both in his next class. ;D I spent hour’s online researching pistols and I’m looking forward to doing some shooting with the wife. The only bad side is that it takes about 6 months to be approved for a permit. :( So now the long wait begins.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
The legislators in New York are idiots. Agreed?

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Pretty cool, BigDog, congrats on the breakthrough ;D

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Congrats and I think that it is great that your wife will be shooting with you in the neat future!

Have fun while she makes her decision on what handgun that she likes and suits her to a T!

Catherine

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick update me and my wife both took the required NRA class for our permit and scored 100%. Now we just need to wait untill Monday to turn our apps into the county permit office.

·
Registered
426 Posts
WOOHOO great job!! now the waiting can begin in ernest, wich will give you time for the research on what pistol you want.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
BigDog1135 said:
Just a quick update me and my wife both took the required NRA class for our permit and scored 100%. Now we just need to wait untill Monday to turn our apps into the county permit office.
So this is for a concealed carry permit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Halwg said:
So this is for a concealed carry permit?
Yes it is, it’s the only way you can own a handgun in New York State. The part I find a bit funny is that in Erie County (where I live) my conceal permit will have a “Hunting/Target” restriction on it but I can conceal carry in the state. Just not in my county.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
BigDog1135 said:
Congrats!

Catherine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts