Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Rifle was listed Sunday, June 1st, as soon as I request ID verification it was removed from the site. I've left several voice mails and have yet to receive a response.
Maybe he sold it just wish he would let me know.

Time to move on.

· Registered
658 Posts
You really have zero business with a copy of his driver's license. If you want verification or to get a feeling, get a phone number. I'd stopped conversation too if someone just hit me with that instead of wanting a phone number. God Bless.

· Banned
1,758 Posts
Some great advice form everyone. Many thanks !!!!! Seller wanted me to do paypal. ????
Jay
Paypal has restrictions against using their service to buy guns, so this wasn't ever legit.

Sorry, man. Bummer.

Brocky

PS - Be patient, someone around here is bound to put up what you want for sale in the classifieds section of MO. You see a lot of mistreated junk for sale around the interweb, but not here. I bought more than a couple of Marlins from the members here - all of them were great people and great rifles.

· Registered
5,447 Posts
I think you just spooked a fraud when you requested the DL. I wouldn't send you mine either, but it would not scare me into removing the item from the auction site. I have made only three on line purchases . Two on Gunbroker and one on another forum's for sale list. All went smoothly. I spoke with two of the sellers on the phone and exchanged e-mails with the other. On one somewhat expensive transaction, the seller e-mailed me to see if I was happy before he cashed my certified check. BTW, the other two took my personal check. Depending on your bank, they now clear rather rapidly.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.