Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
1,758 Posts
That is a good price - for a JM rifle in good working condition.

Find the year and the condition, and we can give our two cents about it.

Also, where it's listed matters. I had good luck on Gunbroker, but heard complaints about Armslist, others.

Good luck!

Brocky

· Banned
1,758 Posts
look it over real good for cracks in the wood which can be fixed easily and the condition of the wood and bluing on the barrel and other parts, is the crown good? does the lever function smooth, do you know the first two of the ser.# Take a cleaning rod with you and some dry patches and a cleaning rod with you and run down the bore and see if any rust is on the patch, all these things are bargaining chips in your favor. but as far as the price goes it sounds great.

By the way Brocky how is the 41 and waffle top doing?
Buckeye Red,

Yukondog had good advice about the patches. Maybe bring a small light to see down the bore, too.

Use the serial number to find the year it was made by checking Schtoolie's chart - http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/marlin-collectors/97319-finally-updated-marlin-dates-production-sheets.html

And post pics when you get it!

Hey Yukondog!

The .41 is just the best handgun caliber lever-action there is! Accurate, flat shooting and packs a wallop! I love it more every time I shoot it. (Finally found a stash of ammo.)

The 35 Rem waffle top is another winner. It's slick inside and out. Great job on the wood, by the way - it feels like satin. Thanks a million, Yukon!

If I could only have two calibers, I'd choose .41 and .35!

Brocky

· Banned
1,758 Posts
Some great advice form everyone. Many thanks !!!!! Seller wanted me to do paypal. ????
Jay
Paypal has restrictions against using their service to buy guns, so this wasn't ever legit.

Sorry, man. Bummer.

Brocky

PS - Be patient, someone around here is bound to put up what you want for sale in the classifieds section of MO. You see a lot of mistreated junk for sale around the interweb, but not here. I bought more than a couple of Marlins from the members here - all of them were great people and great rifles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.