Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't loaded any since december , and I've picked up quite a few bits and pieces that usually ended up on top of the table or my desk. Went in today to load some 44-40's , and oh my god :!:
Spent about three hours cleaning , organizing and rearanging. Now it looks like a loading table , and the top of the desk where my cleaning cradle is can actually be seen :!: :wink:
Now I can go back later tonight and load some :D

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
At least you were able to find yours....................

I'm gonna rent a Bobcat in the spring and dig mine back out :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Mine's a bit of a trial, even when clean! Not sure I can stuff much more into it? I even sold one press last weekend, just to make more room, but it looks the same! :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have intentions of putting up more wall shelves. But you know how good intentions go :?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Nice looking loading room Ranch Dog!!!!!!!! I'm pretty well set up, not that good though!

I've been loading a lot of .30-30 lately trying to get one ready to shoot in Saturdays silhouette match. Finally got 2 powder measures going, sure saves time when your doing a couple of calibers at once.

Loaded up every piece of .40-65 brass I have so I'm ready for when the next time I take my dear old Marlin 1881 out again, I'm giving her the next match off though. We will probably go with my Marlin 336 and see how we do.

Next project is to do some loading for my M-1 carbine. Never loaded that round, always stuck with factory so that'll be interesting.

Geoff

·
Registered
335 Posts
Gee, I feel inadequate, mine's only 8x10. I can find my bench though. Usually have to chase one of my wife's cats off it though once I get started. She likes the warmth from the track lighting......Buck 8) :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I should post a pic of my husband's current reloading setup. He started this hobby last year, and though I'm glad to see him find something he really enjoys doing, I'm not too thrilled about having the presses clamped to my oak coffee table.

Every time he pushed down on the lever to seat something, I imagine a split forming in the top of the table beneath the board he has set over the top for "protection". He never liked that table anyway . . .

I'd better explain a bit - we are about 1 1/2 years into what will probably be a three year project of a complete gut/renovate of an older farmhouse. Right now we have all our "stuff" cramed into about half the house while we are working on the other part. Eventually there will be a nice reloading closet in the addition, but for now he's doing it in the small bedroom we are using for the "living room".

I like looking at the pics of other people's reloading setup - gives us ideas on how to set up ours. I better get off the computer now, I'm suppose to be taping sheetrock, but playing on the computer is so much more fun!

Cathy

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
I had a large metal building built on our ranch that serves as a barge/garage/carport. On the back of the garage I had the 15' x 25' room walled in. With the complete bath and hide-a-bed (loveseat) it gives us additional room with guests that our small ranch house cannot accomidate. Some of the hog hunters on this forum has shared the room. It has it's own central air and heat so it's as good as it gets. The window looks out on my food plot and I would hestitate to shoot out it if the right hog presented itself!

I've got another reloading bench in there for my progressive and shotgun press and there is also a recliner for MY cat naps!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I feel bad now... here I cleaned mine up, but it still looks like a pit. Too much junk, too little room, I guess. I can't really put a size on my loading area as it is scattered all over the place.

Hey! That's what I can ask for at Xmas next year - orginazational skills!

This pic is of the clean part of the loading/gun cleaning/general gun stuff laying around room/library. SW

·
Registered
719 Posts
reloading!!!!???????

heh hogger....looks like THE target gets honorable seat!....hehehe.....i might work up another one!....that was fun!.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yep! I was PROUD!!! :D Haven't been to the range for a while - extremely busy at work. Got some ammo loaded, though... if I can find it now. :? SW

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Not really a loading room, but there are some .30 cal dies in there some-where.... I need a room for all my shootin and related stuff! :shock:

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Re: reloading!!!!???????

kaintuck said:
heh hogger....looks like THE target gets honorable seat!....hehehe.....i might work up another one!....that was fun!.... :lol:
I don't want to talk about that target! :wink:

By the way Ranch13, that's a really nice setup you've got there!

MacyMarlin, I guess your husband's figured out how to get by in a pinch! Make do with what you got!

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Heres mine so far.

Thats been my arrow building spot for a few years & the press only got added a few days ago.
I need to move a bench from the other side of the cellar over to there to get some more working room, its too cluttered for my liking now. Eventually I want to wall it off & make a respectable gun/hunting stuff type room. You cant see it in the photo but just off to the right theres a door going into a small room thats poured concrete walls, floor & ceiling under my front porch. Thats gonna be my Vault if I live long enuff to finish it. :lol: Some day it'll be nice like Ranch dogs room but its got a long way to go. :)

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts

Guess I cant either. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Buck,
You forgot the [/img] after the link! You only have the afterwards.

[img]http://image_www.carolinabelles.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=3565&stc=1&d=1141532919

1 - 20 of 52 Posts