Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a 05 model 1895 rifle today. Got it home and tried LER and they jambed about half way through the loading cycle. Thought no biggie. Tried 300 grain Winny factory load and same thing. The round is trying to go immediately under the extractor and jambs half way into the chamber. The extractor looks like a triangle tapering thin toward the bottom instead of squared like on my 30-30. Do I need a need a new extractor? Looking at my 30-30 the extractor doesn't allow the round to slip under it until it is almost fully closed. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
fixed it. excessive down pressure on extractor. slipped a flat blade screw driver between it and bolt and tweaked it. Works perfect now even with LVR

·
Registered
277 Posts
That is a common issue (problem that is fixable IMHO) with some Marlins. Had the same problem with my .444 but got on this forum and found the answer with a little searching. Ranch Dog posted the fix on one of the forums, (.308/.338 Marlin Express I think). Once I bent the extractor out just like you did she cycles and feeds like a dream. Any problem you may have with a Marlin, or any firearm for that matter, you can find the answer right here on this site, great people, lots and LOTS of information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts