Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought one a few months ago from slkanedds on ebay. He is in Shaftsbury, VT, and I was satisfied with the price. He's a major seller and should have plenty more.

The book lists loads from various powder and bullet manufacturers for bullets between 200 and 300 grains. There's some good info in it, but the quality of the print is not the best in some of the graphics. It has a total of 521 loads, but many of them cover the same 240, 265 or 300 grain bullets.

The advantage over something like Ammoguide.com or beartooth is that you have some confidence that who ever put the load together knew what they were doing, but I have to tell you that some of my 300 grain loads go beyond some of the max loads in this book (but not by much).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Modern Reloading, Second Edition by Richard Lee

Approximately a 100 loads for the 444, with a dozen different powders. If you reload for anything, you owe it to yourself to get a copy.
Cheers,
R*2

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a loadbook for the .338 Win Mag. What they do is get the loading info that is put out by the various bullet and powder manufacturers and combine those sources into one book. Mine even has cast bullet loads. The price is right and you would have to put out over $ 100 to get all that is in one Loadbook. They also have them for the .45-70. I am waiting for a .450 Marlin book to come out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts