Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dr. A said:
Hogdon's information is fine, but like all things, there is variation amongst firearms. That's why we work up loads. Start 10% down and work up. Rel. 7 is a favorite of the fast crowd, as is H4198. I use H322 also for my higher velocity stuff. Much less sensitivity to temperatures than 3031 and of course Rel. 7. I would guess your deer load for your 350gr. bullet would work great for elk anyway...
10% down from their minimum or max? In the 45-70 category their minimum is over hornady's max????

·
Registered
322 Posts
1895Gunner said:
Sorry, I have to ask - is the Hornady load data you're refering to for short shell FTX 325gr loads or for full length brass and 350gr bullets?
i don't believe so... i'll have to double check though.

being new to reloading, it's very alarming to see one data source's minimum being over another source's max. i'd feel a heck of alot better if there was at least some overlap!

·
Registered
322 Posts
i guess i picked a confusing round to start with on reloading ???

i realize the difference between the trapdoor/lever/ruger1 pressure capabilities. the difference i was referring to was information from 2 sources for levers AND for the same load/components.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.