Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two rifles with Lo-Pro sights. Both shoot high even with the stem turned in as far as it will go. There is no way to thin the lock ring very far since the O Ring groove is pretty deep. I would rather lower the peep sight further than install a taller front sight for both aesthetic and ergonomic reasons.

Has anyone used a Lo-Pro without the lock ring? If so, what did you use to keep it from turning? I was going to start experimenting with blue and then red Loctite, but I figure somebody on this site must have already been there and done that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had the same situation with my 30-30. And yes, I removed the lock ring and used just the post. It worked perfectly (of course I had to shorten the post to prevent interference with the bolt). Once I determined the exact height needed, by sighting at the range, I put a drop of locktight on the threads. 2 years now without a problem. I used red in case I want to change it, but you could use blue.

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Should work with either red or blue. I'd probably use red. You can always warm it to remove if needed.

Hope that helps,

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts